News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Human puppets? Almost there!

Started by Tonitrus, November 06, 2014, 12:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

:que Timmah panic-y comment here:

http://www.washington.edu/news/2014/11/05/uw-study-shows-direct-brain-interface-between-humans/

QuoteUniversity of Washington researchers have successfully replicated a direct brain-to-brain connection between pairs of people as part of a scientific study following the team's initial demonstration a year ago. In the newly published study, which involved six people, researchers were able to transmit the signals from one person's brain over the Internet and use these signals to control the hand motions of another person within a split second of sending that signal.

Grinning_Colossus

This means that Timmah could teach his English classes from his American recliner through a tele-operated Korean hobo, doesn't it? What's not to like?
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Ender

Didn't we see this movie already? Gamer or something, with that guy from Gladiator and Machine Gun Preacher?

The Brain

Submissive women developed a way to control my hand motions over the internet years ago.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Ender on November 06, 2014, 06:11:01 AM
Didn't we see this movie already? Gamer or something, with that guy from Gladiator and Machine Gun Preacher?
He wasn't in Gladiator.  You're confusing with 300.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ideologue

The movie was The Surrogates, was mediocre.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on November 06, 2014, 10:30:47 AM
Submissive women developed a way to control my hand motions over the internet years ago.

What you don't know is that it was really Ed.

Syt

Quote from: Ideologue on November 06, 2014, 02:37:45 PM
The movie was The Surrogates, was mediocre.

I thought this was about the movie Gamer.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Actually, that's true. Gamer did have a human puppet aspect.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

lustindarkness

Gamer is actually a watchable movie.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2014, 02:41:26 PM

:)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2014, 02:41:26 PM

Cui boner?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

There were also news about sexbots being available by 2050. Interesting times in our retirements!  :lol: