News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pistorious is not guilty of murder

Started by Tamas, September 11, 2014, 07:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Fuck this shit, this is even more ridiculous than the OJ case.

He was using the lamest fucking excuse I have ever heard. How THE FUCK when you are living with somebody, is your first reaction upon hearing noise from the BATHROOM to fire through the door?

Eddie Teach

It worked for Butch. Course, he knew his girl was back at the hotel...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Unfortunately, when even a top prosecutors squares off against a top defense counsel, defense wins most of the time.  That's the downside of the biased criminal system.  That's even assuming that everything is on the up and up. 

I'm not surprised at all at the outcome, especially given that it wasn't even a jury trial.  Lawyers are trained to be much more comfortable with miscarriage of justice than lay people.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DGuller on September 11, 2014, 07:48:33 AM
Unfortunately, when even a top prosecutors squares off against a top defense counsel, defense wins most of the time.  That's the downside of the biased criminal system.  That's even assuming that everything is on the up and up. 

Lawyers are trained to be much more comfortable with miscarriage of justice than lay people.
If anything that is their goal in criminal trials, rather than a by product.
PDH!

HVC

Don't worry, her family will sue in civil court and a few years later he'll be arrested for stealing memorabilia. It's all good.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on September 11, 2014, 07:27:00 AM

He was using the lamest fucking excuse I have ever heard. How THE FUCK when you are living with somebody, is your first reaction upon hearing noise from the BATHROOM to fire through the door?

Joe Biden told me to fire through doors.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Because SAfrican Justice is weird, we get of what he's not guilty of first. Also not guilty of fraud.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Can't defend his actions.  He's not a Raven.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2014, 08:23:26 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 11, 2014, 07:27:00 AM

Joe Biden told me to fire through doors.

With a shotgun, though.  Not with a pistol.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PRC

He is not guilty of premeditated murder.  He could still be convicted of culpable homicide as he may not have meant to kill his girlfriend, but he fired four shots through his bathroom door clearly meaning to kill whoever was on the other side.

CountDeMoney

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: PRC on September 11, 2014, 10:35:55 AM
He is not guilty of premeditated murder.  He could still be convicted of culpable homicide as he may not have meant to kill his girlfriend, but he fired four shots through his bathroom door clearly meaning to kill whoever was on the other side.

The little bit of reading I did on this said that the judge found that the government just couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt the mental state (premeditation) for the murder charged, but also concluded in her written decision that he had been acting recklessly by firing the shots.

So he has apparently already been convicted of the lesser offense, basically a kind of manslaughter, and it carries up to 15 years in prison (although no prison time has to be imposed).  I haven't followed the story, but this hardly seems like an outrageous turn of events...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller