1,400 Rotherham children 'sexually exploited over 16-year period'

Started by jimmy olsen, August 26, 2014, 09:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

QuoteMore to the point, most of those involved have no intention to resign. Although it seems to me that it is not resignations what should be sought here, but the pressing of criminal charges; these people were active enablers of child abuse on an industrial scale. 

Resigning should be the least of their worries!  :mad:   Those monsters should be doing a lot of time becoming acquainted with the interior of UK prison cells, as I figure many eventually will, given that this is now well out in the open.

The Brain

Why didn't the authorities act? Not wanting to rock the Pakistani boat doesn't explain anything.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 27, 2014, 07:59:13 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 27, 2014, 12:07:04 AM
Pfft. Read about Catholics in Ireland and Benelux. This is nothing.

Nice try, fag.  Even pedophile priests would draw the line on dousing kids in gasoline and threatening them with actual fire, as opposed to metaphorical fire.

Here about nuns conducting medical experiments on orphans under their care. Those who died ended up in mass graves. Those who didn't ended up illiterate because, I guess, the moolah that big pharma paid the good sisters was used for more godly purpose:

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/24112-mass-grave-of-dead-babies-in-ireland-used-as-guinea-pigs-for-pharmaceutical-company

And here about child victims of sexual abuse by Catholic priests in the Netherlands being castrated to "cure their homosexual tendecies" (well, not all of them, just the ones who complained):

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2109795,00.html

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on August 27, 2014, 12:15:21 PM
Here about nuns conducting medical experiments on orphans under their care.

This is just a sign of the superiority of the Catholic religion over its fundamentalist protestant counterparts. Catholicism not only accepts modern science, it takes concrete actions to advance it.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Here about nuns conducting medical experiments on orphans under their care. Those who died ended up in mass graves. Those who didn't ended up illiterate because, I guess, the moolah that big pharma paid the good sisters was used for more godly purpose:

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/318-66/24112-mass-grave-of-dead-babies-in-ireland-used-as-guinea-pigs-for-pharmaceutical-company

If nuns and pharmaceutical companies were doing that in the 1930s, they must be doing so now.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Nice try, fag.  Even pedophile priests would draw the line on dousing kids in gasoline and threatening them with actual fire, as opposed to metaphorical fire.

And here about child victims of sexual abuse by Catholic priests in the Netherlands being castrated to "cure their homosexual tendecies" (well, not all of them, just the ones who complained):

Sig another note, AIDS magnet, we have enough songbirds.

Gups

Quote from: The Brain on August 27, 2014, 10:27:52 AM
Why didn't the authorities act? Not wanting to rock the Pakistani boat doesn't explain anything.

Partly the alleged PC thing, partly they thought it was consensual (yes means yes, even from a 13 year old kid plied with booze and drugs, go figure).

garbon

Quote from: Gups on August 27, 2014, 01:19:21 PM

Partly the alleged PC thing, partly they thought it was consensual (yes means yes, even from a 13 year old kid plied with booze and drugs, go figure).

I gotta agree with Brain that it is rather puzzling. The latter doesn't even seem like a reasonable explanation.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Is 13 the age of consent in the UK? I think it is in Denmark but I thought in the UK it was higher (16?).

Razgovory

Daily Mail?  Tsk tsk.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on August 27, 2014, 03:09:21 PM
Is 13 the age of consent in the UK? I think it is in Denmark but I thought in the UK it was higher (16?).

:lol:  Marty, always looking for the legal loophole in the pedo angle.

Martim Silva

Quote from: Gups

'Consensual' is not an acceptable apology by any means. The legal age of consent in the UK is 16. So a 'Yes' from a 13-year-old [or 12-year-old, as is in the Report] is a categorical 'No' in the eyes of the Law.

In the case where the police/social security agents found the rapists basically in the act with their victims/got full knowledge that sexual acts were taking place, the declarations of the child should have meant nothing. All adults present/implicated should have been arrested and promptly charged with child abuse.

Any of the officers that did not do this violated the Law and became a felon. The only proper action to this is immediate dishonourable discharge, followed by arrest and trial at HM's Courts, for acting as an enabler of Paedophile acts.

From the report:

Quote from: rotherham report
Dr Heal, in her 2003 report, stated that 'In Rotherham the local Asian community are reported to rarely speak about them [the perpetrators].' The subject was taboo and local people were probably equally frightened of the violent tendencies of the perpetrators as the young women they were abusing. In her 2006 report she described how the appeal of organised sexual exploitation for Asian gangs had changed. In the past, it had been for their personal gratification, whereas now it offered 'career and financial opportunities to young Asian men who got involved'. She also noted that Iraqi Kurds and Kosovan men were participating in organised activities against young women.

In her 2006 report, she stated that 'it is believed by a number of workers that one of the difficulties that prevent this issue [CSE] being dealt with effectively is the ethnicity of the main perpetrators'.

She also reported in 2006 that young people in Rotherham believed at that time that the Police dared not act against Asian youths for fear of allegations of racism. This perception was echoed at the present time by some young people we met during the Inquiry, but was not supported by specific examples.

Several people interviewed expressed the general view that ethnic considerations had influenced the policy response of the Council and the Police, rather than in individual cases. One example was given by the Risky Business project Manager (1997- 2012) who reported that she was told not to refer to the ethnic origins of perpetrators when carrying out training. Other staff in children's social care said that when writing reports on CSE cases, they were advised by their managers to be cautious about referring to the ethnicity of the perpetrators.

Frontline staff did not report personal experience of attempts to influence their practice or decision making because of ethnic issues. Those who had involvement in CSE were acutely aware of these issues and recalled a general nervousness in the earlier years about discussing them, for fear of being thought racist.

The issue of race, regardless of ethnic group, should be tackled as an absolute priority if it is known to be a significant factor in the criminal activity of organised abuse in any local community. There was little evidence of such action being taken in Rotherham in the earlier years. Councillors can play an effective role in this, especially those representing the communities in question, but only if they act as facilitators of communication rather than barriers to it. One senior officer suggested that some influential Pakistani-heritage councillors in Rotherham had acted as barriers.

Several councillors interviewed believed that by opening up these issues they could be 'giving oxygen' to racist perspectives that might in turn attract extremist political groups and threaten community cohesion. To some extent this concern was valid, with the apparent targeting of the town by groups such as the English Defence League. The Deputy Council Leader (2011-2014) from the Pakistani-heritage community was clear that he had not understood the scale of the CSE problem in Rotherham until 2013. He then disagreed with colleague elected members on the way to approach it. He had advocated taking the issue 'head on' but had been overruled. He was one of the elected members who said they thought the criminal convictions in 2010 were 'a one-off, isolated case', and not an example of a more deep-rooted problem of Pakistani-heritage perpetrators targeting young white girls. This was at best naïve, and at worst ignoring a politically inconvenient truth.

Both the Council and the Police used traditional channels of communication with the Pakistani-heritage community for many years on general issues of child protection. There seemed, from all accounts, to be very few, if any, specific discussions of CSE, though this was difficult to verify. These contacts were almost exclusively with men.

Better let over a thousand little girls be viciously raped and drugged than being accused of racism...  :hmm:

I am glad I am not English. This is about as low as a people can get. Also doesn't sound like what a free society is supposed to be like. People are genuinely afraid to speak.

Sheilbh

When I first saw this I only quickly skimmed through the news and thought it was to do with Cyril Smith and Rochdale. But it's another child sex abuse scandal :blink: :bleeding:

Reading around it it looks like the police didn't care because the kids were chavs in care. The whole thing just makes me very angry.
Let's bomb Russia!