News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP Menahem Golan

Started by Duque de Bragança, August 13, 2014, 11:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

For once, the pro-Israeli Languish fails :(
Lots of anti-semites among Yanks too for ignoring the death of one of '80s icons, at the very least..  :mad:

RIP great producer of Reaganian action movies with Cannon (the almost seventh major film studio in the '80s not only Cdm knows it I hope). Hell, he even launched the ninja craze with Enter the Ninja.
Sometimes arthouse grandeur with Cassavetes' Love Streams, Godard's not so good King Lear and Konchalovsky with Maria's Lovers or the for once critical and audience success genre film Runaway train.
Chuck Norris a Cannon staple, probably mourns him as well.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/menahem-golan-producer-1980s-action-724260

Eddie Teach

Is this guy famous enough to count as the third?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 13, 2014, 12:35:25 PM

Producer on Bloodsport!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 13, 2014, 12:35:25 PM

Dude, he was the Golan in Golan-Globus.  I'd say so.  A lot of movie credits started with his name.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

Menahem Begin, Menahem Finish.  Is man's fate.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)