News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

HIPSTERS!

Started by Eddie Teach, July 24, 2014, 08:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a hipster?

"Hipsters" are phonies/too mainstream/etc (Yes)
1 (2.3%)
Yes
2 (4.5%)
Yes, but I'll never admit it
1 (2.3%)
No, but people say I am
4 (9.1%)
No
24 (54.5%)
"HIPSTERS!" /screams like the guy in Revenge of the Nerds
7 (15.9%)
Jaron's a hipster
4 (9.1%)
Something else because none of these fit except option 3
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

LaCroix

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 27, 2014, 08:43:55 AM
If you're American.

:yes:

same with americans who watch english premier league

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 27, 2014, 03:42:34 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on July 27, 2014, 10:17:15 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 27, 2014, 08:43:55 AM
If you're American.

:yes:

same with americans who watch english premier league

:yeahright:
Hipster!

:P As a NA fan the premier league is probably what most people watch.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 27, 2014, 06:55:42 AM
Since when loving Le Tour de France is hipster?  :blink:
In England. Rapha shops serving ristretto double espressos to people watching the Tour.

It's a relatively recently popular thing.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

When I was in London last week there was this bike themed coffee shop (ironically named "Look mum no hands") in Islington that I went to twice. Definitely hipsterish, it even had a bike workshop attached to the coffee place. And they showed the Tour de France every day.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on July 27, 2014, 05:03:28 PM
When I was in London last week there was this bike themed coffee shop (ironically named "Look mum no hands") in Islington that I went to twice. Definitely hipsterish, it even had a bike workshop attached to the coffee place. And they showed the Tour de France every day.
Lovely little cafe.

The bike/coffee shop combo is very cool right now. Two opened down the road from me in the space of a week :lol:

Edit: And apparently Look mum no hands! have now also got places on the South Bank, in Hackney and a pop-up in a Le Coq Sportif shop :lol:

Edit: Also I remember two-three years ago looking for somewhere to watch the Tour in London and Look mum no hands! was the only bar. Now it's very common in hip places.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 27, 2014, 05:13:08 PM
Lovely little cafe.

The bike/coffee shop combo is very cool right now. Two opened down the road from me in the space of a week :lol:

Edit: And apparently Look mum no hands! have now also got places on the South Bank, in Hackney and a pop-up in a Le Coq Sportif shop :lol:

Edit: Also I remember two-three years ago looking for somewhere to watch the Tour in London and Look mum no hands! was the only bar. Now it's very common in hip places.

Oh Dear, on several levels.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on July 28, 2014, 05:45:49 AM

Oh Dear, on several levels.

Don't worry, it will pass soon enough.

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 27, 2014, 05:13:08 PM
Lovely little cafe.

Whitehorse was ahead of this particular curve.  There was/is a long-standing bike shop that opened a coffee roaster / bar in the back.  So you'd walk past the racks of bikes and accessories to go get your pound of beans. :Canuck:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

:rolleyes: What kind of nebbish hasn't heard of post glam speed folk?

Eddie Teach

Me. :( I didn't realize speed folk had left glam behind. :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?