News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

SCOTUS decides for Hobby Lobby

Started by merithyn, June 30, 2014, 12:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

FLOTUS is more and more common on tv shows (thinking Scandal and Veep)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

All this supreme leader/court business has been a very nice advertisment for Hubby Lovey.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Siege on July 03, 2014, 11:55:14 PM
All this supreme leader/court business has been a very nice advertisment for Hubby Lovey.

Siege, that's probably the most accurate thing you've said all year.
Experience bij!

Caliga

Seige is a smart dude.  He doesn't get enough credit for it around here because this place is infested with liberals who think conservative = stupid.  Also, all the damn anti-Semites.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I'd hire Siege before I'd hire most of the Aspies here.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on July 04, 2014, 09:36:15 AM
Seige is a smart dude.  He doesn't get enough credit for it around here because this place is infested with liberals who think conservative = stupid.  Also, all the damn anti-Semites.
He certainly has the best schtick, and his schtick discipline is excellent.  I've only seen movement behind the curtain maybe four times in all the years he's been posting here.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2014, 09:38:27 AM

Disabled veteran credit.  Insurance premium increase.  Accounting says it's a go, but HR says no.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 04, 2014, 12:55:02 PM

Disabled veteran credit.  Insurance premium increase.  Accounting says it's a go, but HR says no.

HR is overruled by the SAVP of Hero Worship.  Siegy gets job for life, squeezing pencils until they scream.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on July 04, 2014, 12:55:02 PM

In Ed Inc, HR doesn't rule the roost. I saw what happened when they tried to rule the roost with my last employer.  :cry:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Here's NOW's "Dirty 100".  Start the boycotting, y'all. 

http://now.org/resource/birth-control-mandate-lawsuits/

Especially those Little Sisters of the Poor, who have had it coming for a while now.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 04, 2014, 09:36:15 AM

What a load of garbage.  Everybody thinks Hans is smart.  Siege has said plenty of stupid things.  But sometimes he says something smart.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on July 08, 2014, 11:01:13 AM
Here's NOW's "Dirty 100".  Start the boycotting, y'all. 

http://now.org/resource/birth-control-mandate-lawsuits/

Especially those Little Sisters of the Poor, who have had it coming for a while now.

I don't knowingly do business with any of those groups.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.