News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

SCOTUS decides for Hobby Lobby

Started by merithyn, June 30, 2014, 12:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on July 02, 2014, 09:03:01 AM
I am always a bit amazed at how for so many people their core beliefs are pretty much motivated by a bizarre combination of spite and misogyny.

Then I am amazed at myself for continuing to be amazed.

Was that directed at me?

Because I may or may not have been 100% serious in a couple of my most recent posts.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 02, 2014, 09:09:38 AM
Not my business or concern if they have slaves working in the back or the owner eats babies for  breakfast.

I don't think I would want to fund slavery in my own backyard*. That's a bit distasteful.

*qualified as unfortunately I think we all likely sponsor some sort of slavery somewhere in the world.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2014, 09:11:43 AM
Quote from: Berkut on July 02, 2014, 09:03:01 AM
I am always a bit amazed at how for so many people their core beliefs are pretty much motivated by a bizarre combination of spite and misogyny.

Then I am amazed at myself for continuing to be amazed.

Was that directed at me?

Because I may or may not have been 100% serious in a couple of my most recent posts.

You are a monster.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Also FWIW I think Hobby Lobby does actually cover berf control pills and several other contraception methods in its employee health coverage.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 01, 2014, 09:45:54 PM
Little aside here--who had heard of Hobby Lobby prior to this case?

I have.  We went there a couple years ago to buy Christmas decorations and then in 2011 to get my family tree thing framed.  Fuckers were terrible at everything.  Not sure why they are so big but maybe Crafts stores just suck in general.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2014, 09:26:11 AM
Also FWIW I think Hobby Lobby does actually cover berf control pills and several other contraception methods in its employee health coverage.

Sandra Flake used them all.

Admiral Yi

I buy all my knitting and sewing supplies there.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 02, 2014, 09:26:11 AM

The specifics in the case are hilariously narrow.  The decision though seems quite broad, hence why I was curious if it had any big long term impacts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2014, 09:12:45 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 02, 2014, 09:09:38 AM
Not my business or concern if they have slaves working in the back or the owner eats babies for  breakfast.

I don't think I would want to fund slavery in my own backyard*. That's a bit distasteful.

*qualified as unfortunately I think we all likely sponsor some sort of slavery somewhere in the world.

Yeah as a First Worlder I figure I am partially responsible for some atrocity someplace just by breathing oxygen.  Ah well what can you do?

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on July 01, 2014, 09:21:16 PM
I'm getting tired of reading liberal bullshit in this place.

Only read Hans' posts.

OttoVonBismarck

I find it odd that people find funding slavery distasteful but are fine with funding baby eating.

Ed Anger

I would fund Tim being torn apart by wild dogs.

Valmy

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 02, 2014, 09:40:03 AM
I find it odd that people find funding slavery distasteful but are fine with funding baby eating.

Lots of people hate babies.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2014, 09:42:28 AM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on July 02, 2014, 09:40:03 AM

Lots of people hate babies.

Besides what has a baby done for me lately?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 02, 2014, 09:41:12 AM
I would fund Tim being torn apart by wild dogs.

Kickstarter for that, perhaps?  :hmm: