Tea Party Candidate Says It's OK To Stone Gays To Death

Started by garbon, June 12, 2014, 09:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

As much as we talk about how we're all under the magnifying glass now with things being easy to search on internet - I think it is a good thing when stuff like this is brought to light and ridiculed.

It kind of reads like one of the common, not funny Onion articles. -_-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/11/scott-esk-stoning-gays_n_5486678.html

QuoteScott Esk, a Republican Tea Party candidate in Oklahoma, got into a debate on Facebook last summer in which he advocated killing homosexuals.

"I think we would be totally in the right to do it," Esk wrote in comments uncovered by Oklahoma journalist Rob Morris. "That goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I'm largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss."

When pressed, Esk added: "I never said I would author legislation to put homosexuals to death, but I didn't have a problem with it."

Esk is running for the state's House of Representatives. The primary is scheduled for June 24.

When contacted by Morris, who runs the news outlet Moore Daily, Esk didn't deny making the comments or back down from the rhetoric.

"That was done in the Old Testament under a law that came directly from God and in that time there it was totally just. It came directly from God," Esk said, adding: "I have no plans to reinstitute that in Oklahoma law. I do have some very huge moral misgivings about those kinds of sins."

The Raw Story notes that in other Facebook posts, Esk has said that laws punishing gays should be instituted locally so people "can decide for themselves whether they want to live in a particular community based in part on how things like this are dealt with."

The comments have quickly gone viral, drawing attention to other parts of his platform... and those views aren't any less extreme.

Esk wants to "punish abortionists severely for their committing of murder" and punish federal bureaucrats who try to enact the provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

In addition, he's against all forms of gun licenses, wants to cut education funding "which I don't consider a proper function of government" and believes "the EPA, FDA, OSHA, etc." "have no legitimate reason for existing, since they're unConstitutional."

Esk wants to make divorce more difficult as well. He's calling for jury trials for divorce cases and an end to no-fault proceedings.

"I also don't buy into the notion that it's unfair to make somebody stay in a marriage he's unhappy with," Esk wrote.

Esk was married for 15 years until "frivolous divorce raised its ugly head in the Esk home," he notes on his campaign website. (You can see him speak more about divorce in the video below.)

Esk's Facebook page contains other stunners, including a December 2013 post written shortly after Nelson Mandela's death in which he called the former South African president a "communist thug" and a "low-life."

And in November 2013, he wrote of calling 911 to report "a large group of Mexicans" gathered at an Oklahoma City mall geared toward Latino shoppers because he "suspected that many of them were guilty of being here illegally."

His long rant notes that police didn't respond to his emergency call.

Esk was a computer programmer in the state's Department of Public Safety, but has "since gravitated toward courier work." He also owns a window-washing business.

"I look forward to applying Biblical principles to Oklahoma law," Esk writes on his website.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Let's hope no-one from this board ever enters politics.  :lol:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on June 12, 2014, 09:33:13 AM
And in November 2013, he wrote of calling 911 to report "a large group of Mexicans" gathered at an Oklahoma City mall geared toward Latino shoppers because he "suspected that many of them were guilty of being here illegally."

His long rant notes that police didn't respond to his emergency call.

:lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on June 12, 2014, 09:38:33 AM

Y'all got nothing on me that would keep me from getting elected in my district :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2014, 09:40:31 AM

Y'all got nothing on me that would keep me from getting elected in my district :contract:

Sadly, that may well be true.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Berkut

Hehe, I was chatting with my wife about something or other in regards to some Congressperson, and said "I would make such an awesome senator". She rolled her eyes, and I thought "Yeah, right up until the moment someone from Languish outs me..."
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on June 12, 2014, 10:24:29 AM

Hehe, I was chatting with my wife about something or other in regards to some Congressperson, and said "I would make such an awesome senator". She rolled her eyes, and I thought "Yeah, right up until the moment someone from Languish outs me..."

In all seriousness, I'd but up for wiping the posting history if you did.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on June 12, 2014, 10:16:48 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2014, 09:40:31 AM

Sadly, that may well be true.  :hmm:

We primaried one of our own in 2012 for being too chummy with Obama.  In some ways I might have to strengthen my conservative credentials if I were to run :D

DGuller

You people are like Syrian Islamists, who behead other Syrian Islamists for not beheading enough non-Islamists.

Viking

If I write my own holy book can I say it is ok to Stone Tea Partiers to Death?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on June 12, 2014, 11:16:34 AM
You people are like Syrian Islamists, who behead other Syrian Islamists for not beheading enough non-Islamists.

Yeah.  Exactly like that.

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on June 12, 2014, 11:17:20 AM

I think you pretty much already have.

Valmy

Viking has a hard time with non-literal interpretations of holy books Spicey.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2014, 11:17:58 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 12, 2014, 11:17:20 AM

I think you pretty much already have.

Hmmm.. makes one wonder if there is enough marihuana out there... and if the project would even work...