News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette to your last dyin' day.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

You are not going to root for your fellow North Americans in the US and Mexico? :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 11, 2014, 02:58:43 PM
When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette to your last dyin' day.
Barrister and the Boys getting ready for a game:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Never send dancers to a basketball fight. :thumbsdown:

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 11, 2014, 03:12:53 PM
Never send dancers to a basketball fight. :thumbsdown:

Nor to a street fight.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 11, 2014, 02:47:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2014, 01:45:41 PM
Well there was the 'Cinderella Man' John Braddock from the 30s so it at least goes back that far.

I am not sure how far back the sports references go but a quick google search turned up that a French author first wrote the Cinderella story in the 1600s, along with Sleeping Beauty and little Red Riding Hood.

Charles Perreault was pretty prolific at writing down oral history but thats all the credit he deserves.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2014, 09:55:36 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 11, 2014, 02:47:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2014, 01:45:41 PM
Well there was the 'Cinderella Man' John Braddock from the 30s so it at least goes back that far.

I am not sure how far back the sports references go but a quick google search turned up that a French author first wrote the Cinderella story in the 1600s, along with Sleeping Beauty and little Red Riding Hood.

Charles Perreault was pretty prolific at writing down oral history but thats all the credit he deserves.

Writing down his surname without spelling mistakes is not something you're prolific at too.
Being the leader of the Moderns vs the Ancients in the big Quarrel of the Ancients and Moderns.
I see the debate "verre" vs "vair" for Cinderella is still going on. :hmm:

Liep

So the pitch in Manaus looks... well, it's not like it's easy growing stuff in the barren wasteland that is the Amazon.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

What are they gonna do with that stadium after the World Cup?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Quote from: Syt on June 12, 2014, 04:48:26 AM

Graze cattle.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

With proper care it'll be ready to host another 4 games for the Brazil 2078 World Cup.

Tamas

Barrister

Apparently Manaus doesn't even have a "serie A" football club to play there.

We'll see how this all goes down...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 11, 2014, 02:59:01 PM
You are not going to root for your fellow North Americans in the US and Mexico? :weep:

He is no longer under the protection of NORAD :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

I need to go find my knockoff Messi jersey in the basement.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall