News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

On the bright side of things the Languish pool seems to have corrected itself; it's now showing 23 results.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Tamas

Hodgson is confirmed to stay until Euro 2016.

May I ask why? The English team was a pain to watch yesterday. They seemed utterly clueless and lacking any kind of tactics.

Admiral Yi

Didn't watch the last England game, but from the first match it seems like they improved on their 2000 tactics of "bomb a long pass to a lone striker and hope he beats  two defenders and the goalie by himself."

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2014, 11:33:02 AM
Didn't watch the last England game, but from the first match it seems like they improved on their 2000 tactics of "bomb a long pass to a lone striker and hope he beats  two defenders and the goalie by himself."

I think their tactics in the second game was "almost all of us play in decent clubs, we ought to figure this shit out on the fly, right?"

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2014, 10:38:57 AM
Quote from: Norgy on June 20, 2014, 10:35:08 AM
If a CONCACAF team wins the World Cup in my lifetime, I'll walk to Rome.

Woah woah there.  I would be shocked if any of us finish in the top 4.

If Norgy expects to live another 40 years or so, the US may be able to make a run. We have a huge wealthy nation with a lot of interest in youth soccer.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Quote from: Tamas on June 20, 2014, 11:35:41 AM
I think their tactics in the second game was "almost all of us play in decent clubs, we ought to figure this shit out on the fly, right?"
My impression as well. They seem to lack a tactical plan.

Zanza

Pirlo played a couple of fantastic passes the last few minutes.

Zanza

That should have been a penalty.

Maladict

Clear penalty there.

Maladict

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Duque de Bragança

I'm surprised noboby bet on Costa-Rica, not even on a tie (this includes myself  :Embarrass:).

Maladict

Quote from: Tamas on June 20, 2014, 09:38:11 AM
I am a complete degenerate when it comes to gambling, and a bad omen to teams when I bet on them, to let me prove that here are my bets for today:

Italy to win without conceding a goal.
Switzerland and France to draw
Germany to win both halves
Honduras wins the first half but then Ecuador turns it around.

1/4 so far  :cool:

Syt

That ref seems a bit stupid.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.