News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Summer Road Trip Suggestions

Started by Admiral Yi, May 19, 2014, 01:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

I'd like to get into that a bit, but I don't think it is on the agenda. Seems like a lot of fun.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Cincinnati is a mere 7 hours away.  Our strip clubs here suck, though :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Are there places with superior strip clubs?  Like Vegas or something?  Asking for a friend.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on May 28, 2014, 02:47:28 PM
Cincinnati is a mere 7 hours away.  Our strip clubs here suck, though :(

No offense to you or Boner, but I've always considered Ohio to have the ugliest women in the US.  West Virginia turns up the ocaisonnal gem--God knows there are enough in DC nudie bars.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on May 28, 2014, 02:48:26 PM
Are there places with superior strip clubs?  Like Vegas or something?  Asking for a friend.

Montreal.

Valmy

That...was not an answer I expected.  Good to know.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 28, 2014, 02:48:26 PM

Philly had a couple decent ones, as did Colorado Springs.  There are also plenty outside each military base (quantity has a quality all its own).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 28, 2014, 02:50:01 PM
No offense to you or Boner, but I've always considered Ohio to have the ugliest women in the US.

I bet an afternoon at a Reds game would change your mind.  Lots of Teutonic goodness to be found here in Cincy.

QuoteWest Virginia turns up the ocaisonnal gem--God knows there are enough in DC nudie bars.

I guess they all headed to DC before I saw them :(  Attractive women in WV are few, far between, and unapproachable.  My five best friends from high school & I all married non-WV natives.

Ed Anger

Yi doesn't know where to look.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 28, 2014, 05:43:56 PM
says the guy who imported his mail order bride from Indiana.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 29, 2014, 05:09:56 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 28, 2014, 05:43:56 PM
says the guy who imported his mail order bride from Indiana.

Who was living in Ohio. Seriously folks, you are becoming tedious.

Valmy

Ohio mail order brides?  Well at least she got to escape to France.

Ed Anger

Admiral Yi

Just got back from Madison, WI. 

Wisconsonites really do put down the sauce.  Generally pleasant drunks though. 

Saw a restaurant with the a sign in the window that said "Burritos As Big As Your Head."

Had breakfast a couple times in a diner run by a Macedonian immigrant.  I've never met a Macedonian before.

Spent an afternoon on State Street, which is the bar strip next to the U of W campus.  Plenty of hippies, plenty of gays, plenty of lesbians.  Very different vibe than U of I.

Friday night I walked from my hotel to a bar that was doing karaoke.  Coming back I passed what appeared to be a black bar.  Something had clearly gone wrong, two cop cars came zooming in with lights flashing and the parking lot emptied like a disturbed ants nest.