News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

News from Iran? Good? Bad? Who knows?

Started by Faeelin, June 08, 2009, 10:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

YES! On CNN, they just reported the Iranians said the CIA killed that chick.

USA! USA! USA!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 28, 2009, 04:06:27 PM
YES! On CNN, they just reported the Iranians said the CIA killed that chick.

USA! USA! USA!

Uncle Napoleon strikes again!
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

KRonn

I saw tv reports of large demonstrations in Tehran yesterday, (Sunday). Police and security using heavy measures to disperse crowds. But still, I was surprised that a larger demonstration even took place.

Iran's President has been revving things up, blaming the West, vows to make the West pay, etc. And also detained UK ambassador staff? Hmm... I'm sure some of that sells with those who want to believe, the hard liners and such, but surely has the opposite reaction with everyone else. But it probably gives Iranian leaders some cover to crack down on protests, or foment more trouble in Iraq, Gaza, Lebanon or where ever.

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on June 29, 2009, 10:14:49 AM
Iran's President has been revving things up, blaming the West, vows to make the West pay, etc. And also detained UK ambassador staff?

Hilarious.  They are going from merely Middle Eastern Stupid to North Korean realms of stupid.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

The Iranians are paying the UK the compliment of rating us as "the most evil"  :yeah:

I enjoyed this Spectator comment that revels in the importance that the Iranian regime attaches to Britain :

http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-magazine/columnists/3715733/shared-opinion.thtml

Razgovory

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 29, 2009, 10:25:56 AM
The Iranians are paying the UK the compliment of rating us as "the most evil"  :yeah:

I enjoyed this Spectator comment that revels in the importance that the Iranian regime attaches to Britain :

Why do you guys say "hire a car".  A car isn't a person.  You don't hire a car anymore then you hire an apartment.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Uncle Napoleon always hated the English! It's only now that even Netanyahu is talking about a Palestinian state and Obama is getting all the mooselimbs to cream their panties that the mullahs need somebody else to point the rhetorical artillery at.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

There is a branch of American conspiracy theory that is all worried about Britain and France scheming to regain control of the world.  I find that ridiculous as there is no way Britain would agree to share its world domination with France.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2009, 10:45:28 AM

There is a branch of American conspiracy theory that is all worried about Britain and France scheming to regain control of the world.  I find that ridiculous as there is no way Britain would agree to share its world domination with France.

Do these involve lizard people?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 29, 2009, 10:58:59 AM

Unfortunately I do not remember the details.

Savonarola

No believable conspiracy theory involves lizard men; they only have 2 HD.  Gnolls are a much better tool for world domination.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

alfred russel

The US, the UK, and Israel--the axis of evil, Iranian style.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: Savonarola on June 29, 2009, 11:02:39 AM

No believable conspiracy theory involves lizard men; they only have 2 HD.  Gnolls are a much better tool for world domination.

Most people just use orcs which usually had 1 HD.  Except for the Syt types who used Skeletons and zombies.

Savonarola

Quote from: Razgovory on June 29, 2009, 11:12:35 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on June 29, 2009, 11:02:39 AM

Most people just use orcs which usually had 1 HD.  Except for the Syt types who used Skeletons and zombies.

Orcs are strictly for armatures; Saruman tried using them and he got beaten by trees.

Skeletons and zombies are a better choice; no chance of mutiny, no morale and you don't need to pay or feed them.  You have to be careful of clerics, though, if you go that route.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

KRonn

Grats UK, on your continued quest for restoration of the Empire!!