National Popular Vote Interstate Compact Up To 165 EV

Started by jimmy olsen, April 23, 2014, 10:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on April 24, 2014, 12:50:31 PM
I don't know quite what this means, but no state can have laws that bind an elector once elected.  The issue of faithless electors is, I believe, pretty well established.

Wiki states that in Michigan/Minnesota that a faithless elector's vote is considered void.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2014, 12:54:49 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 24, 2014, 12:50:31 PM
I don't know quite what this means, but no state can have laws that bind an elector once elected.  The issue of faithless electors is, I believe, pretty well established.

Wiki states that in Michigan/Minnesota that a faithless elector's vote is considered void.
But Michigan and Minnesota don't get to decide whether their electors' votes are valid.  They'd have to persuade the House to reject those electoral votes.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!