News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

Started by Syt, April 12, 2014, 10:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Well that expansion sounds like what Alpha Centauri satarted with.
PDH!

Syt

Weirdly, when given the choice I prefer BE over CivV. I like CivV, but I suck at it and get easily frustrated by it even on medium difficulty to the point that I ragequit games before the renaissance. :Embarrass:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

Quote from: Valmy on May 18, 2015, 09:23:11 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 10, 2014, 01:03:47 AM
Yeah, but that's the problem.  Everyone wants a new Alpha Centauri.

Everyone having excellent taste in games is not a problem -_-

Lack of product to sate that taste is.

Darth Wagtaros

Any mods that will make this more interesting?
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 08, 2015, 08:53:15 AM
Any mods that will make this more interesting?

Looking at top mods on Steam and what little is said on google search, looks like people gave up. Thought maybe they will feel differently if they like the expansion pack? (I got this game as a Christmas gift and I've yet to install it. -_-)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

It is just bland.  I try to like it, but it isn't at all engrossing.

PDH!

garbon

Yeah that was my feeling from the demo.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I'm more likely to fire it up rather than Civ5. For some reason I find Civ5 occasionally a bit tedious to play and find that BE somehow just flows better for my tastes.

I'm well aware, though, that I'm in the minority with that opinion. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

I've played this once and have utterly no desire to play it again.  I know there have been big changes made to it, but just way too many things turned me off, starting with the monochrome UI design.

Grallon

Alternating between this and GalCiv 3.  And yes it is indeed bland; in fact you spend most of your time pressing the END TURN button.  Debating whether or not I should get Pillars of Eternity until they finally release the map editor for GalCiv3.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Darth Wagtaros

How is GalCiv3? I should have gotten that instead of paying full price for this piece of shit. Had they released it as a paid for mod for 15 bucks for Civ V I'd be OK with it.
PDH!

Syt

GalCiv3 is not much of a change from GC2, I'm sorry to say. They throw in a few things (strategic resources that you can use for stronger units/buildings, an allignment system similar to Civ5's ideologies), but overall I don'd find that the new stuff justifies full asking price.

Also, make sure you build a mining station near every resource in your territory, or the AI will come and take it, leaving you only the options of declaring war or buying it for retonculous amounts of money (planets can culture flip, stations can't).
—Stephen Jay Gould

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

It's also free for the weekend.  I played it for a few hours on Thursday night and thought it was fairly entertaining.  On the fence about actually buying it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Caliga on August 15, 2015, 05:09:33 PM
It's also free for the weekend.  I played it for a few hours on Thursday night and thought it was fairly entertaining.  On the fence about actually buying it.

wait until the expansion is there. Then wait some more untill that too is cheap.