News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on September 28, 2014, 08:14:51 PM
Why would Harbaugh want to leave the Niners? What did I miss?

Well-known tensions between the owner and Harbaugh. Last summer, they sat down to work out a contract extension, and when they stood up, there was no deal.  They talked about talking again after this season, but all signs right now are that Harbaugh will be coaching a different (NFL) team next year.

There are some player issues as well (he's a rah-rah coach and they think of themselves as pros who make more than he does), but I don't think that's a factor.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Was just looking at the lines for the upcoming week. A couple suprised me:

Arizona a 23 pt dog to Oregon. This is a game I'm interested in watching--I expect Oregon to win, but I wouldn't be shocked if Arizona pushes them hard.

Basically a pick em in Tennessee - Florida. For years people have been waiting for this rivalry to get back to the competitiveness it had in the late 90s early 2000s. I'm not sure this is the way people wanted it to happen. Go Vols!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on September 29, 2014, 05:36:28 PM
Basically a pick em in Tennessee - Florida. For years people have been waiting for this rivalry to get back to the competitiveness it had in the late 90s early 2000s. I'm not sure this is the way people wanted it to happen. Go Vols!

It's a shame they can't both lose.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: alfred russel on September 29, 2014, 05:36:28 PM
Was just looking at the lines for the upcoming week. A couple suprised me:

Arizona a 23 pt dog to Oregon. This is a game I'm interested in watching--I expect Oregon to win, but I wouldn't be shocked if Arizona pushes them hard.

Arizona-Oregon is always bizarre it seems. Obviously Oregon is the better team, and will likely win.

I cannot at all predict how it will fall out though. I am not surprised by anything that happens in this game anymore, and that includes nothing at all happening, and Oregon cruising to a comfortable win.

I don't think Arizona will catch them sleeping again though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

sbr

Looks like I am going to the Ducks/Arizona game on Thursday.

sbr

Oregon Arizona is always a weird game, and always on Thursday for some reason.

sbr

Berkut

Quote from: sbr on September 30, 2014, 06:23:57 PM
Looks like I am going to the Ducks/Arizona game on Thursday.

Awesome, I am so jealous.

I think Arizona winning this game would be an even bigger upset than last year. We have a freshman QB making his first road Pac-12 start in a brutal environment.

Frankly, last year happened because Arizona played far, far above themselves, while Oregon played far, far below themselves. That resulted in a complete blowout in a classic case of the upper team having everything to lose and the spoiler having everything to gain.

Oregon last year was down because of their loss to Stanford, and it showed on the road against a very hungry Arizona team.

None of those factors are at play. Oregon is playing brilliantly, they have everything to lose, and after last year they are going to be jacked up for some revenge.

Arizona has a great offense, but I suspect they will be stunned by the speed of the Oregon defense - Arizona might put up some points, but I don't see it being close.

Oregon 42-17.

0 rows returned

sbr

sbr

Berkut

Well, Oregon has been saved by a couple calls going their way so far (Oregon just scored and the throwback play). That TD was probably a fumble, but no good angle to overturn.

Still, the Oregon o-line is not impressive. This Oregon team is likely good enough to beat Arizona at home, but so far I haven't seen anything to suggest they are a top ten team, much less a top 2 team. Kind of disappointing so far.

0 rows returned

sbr

Berkut

Well, I cannot really complain. Arizona is keeping it close despite some serious home field help from the officials.

That being said, the Arizona player is lucky he didn't get tossed for targeting on that last personal foul.

Oregon is, no surprise, incredibly dirty, but they are good at it. They extra shove "getting up" on every play, the not quite really late shots, etc., etc. not that it comes as a surprise, that is the culture they embrace.

0 rows returned