News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Family Matters?

Started by Jacob, April 06, 2014, 09:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about your near extended family (parents, siblings, in-laws, uncles, aunts, cousins)?

I'm close to my family and I genuinely enjoy it.
21 (40.4%)
They're pretty good, in reasonable doses.
21 (40.4%)
I don't really care either way.
1 (1.9%)
The family is mostly a drag, but in spite of all the BS they're still family.
5 (9.6%)
Completely dysfunctional; the less I have to do with them the better.
2 (3.8%)
I don't have much of a family.
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on April 07, 2014, 03:31:36 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2014, 03:27:58 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2014, 03:26:47 PM
Of course, the situation is a bit different for apart from my one cousin none of the kids in my generation (in that group of 3 families) have any children.

You guys are still pretty young though right?

Yeah garbon, better get cracking on that ASAP.  ;)

Donate my sperm?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2014, 03:32:01 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 07, 2014, 03:31:36 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2014, 03:27:58 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2014, 03:26:47 PM
Of course, the situation is a bit different for apart from my one cousin none of the kids in my generation (in that group of 3 families) have any children.

You guys are still pretty young though right?

Yeah garbon, better get cracking on that ASAP.  ;)

Donate my sperm?

I sense a new business opportunity - a hookup service for gays and lesbians interested in having kids, via sperm donation. I'll make my fortune yet!  :hmm:

Or, one can adopt ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2014, 03:30:39 PM
Very different from my father's side of the family where my grandfather was also someones great great grandfather before he died in his 70s. :D

:blink:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on April 07, 2014, 03:34:32 PM
I sense a new business opportunity - a hookup service for gays and lesbians interested in having kids, via sperm donation. I'll make my fortune yet!  :hmm:

Wow what a totally new idea! :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2014, 03:35:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2014, 03:30:39 PM
Very different from my father's side of the family where my grandfather was also someones great great grandfather before he died in his 70s. :D

:blink:

Doesn't that just require each person to have had a child by the time they were 18 - on average?

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on April 07, 2014, 03:35:31 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 07, 2014, 03:34:32 PM

Wow what a totally new idea! :P

It wasn't totally serious ...  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2014, 03:39:01 PM
Doesn't that just require each person to have had a child by the time they were 18 - on average?

Just barely.  People were really getting after it for that to happen in your 70s.  Literally everybody would have to be having sex the minute they were legal.

garbon

I assume they started prior to 18 -_-

Jacob

I didn't realize we had 50 active posters  :w00t:

LaCroix

i cut out all the outer relatives on my mother's side, permanently. i may never visit my mother again once i've graduated, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. as for my father, i have to tolerate him because of his will. i don't feel a real connection there. i kinda like the outer family on my father's side, though  :)