News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: alfred russel on February 22, 2014, 12:15:56 PM
I do blame Yi for this. He knows from the college football thread that it is important to do things like flash the hook em horns sign and put a team flag on your car to create synergies for your team. Some of us tried this, but Yi destroyed our synergy by saying we suck. Well guess what Yi? Now we do suck. Congratulations.
When in doubt, blame Yi!

Sorry for your loss, the team just didn't seem to be there after the 1st goal.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on February 22, 2014, 12:15:56 PM
I do blame Yi for this. He knows from the college football thread that it is important to do things like flash the hook em horns sign and put a team flag on your car to create synergies for your team. Some of us tried this, but Yi destroyed our synergy by saying we suck. Well guess what Yi? Now we do suck. Congratulations.

sorry

Admiral Yi

Watched a bit of women's slalom last night.  Plain vanilla, not giant.  The one in which the American girl CRUSHED HER ENEMIES AND DROVE THEM BEFORE HER.  Plenty of eye candy on display there.  Lots of nice poopers.

For some reason watching it brought barrel riding to mind.  Similar demographic of petite, young girls, similar body dynamics on the course.

Liep

I want to re-watch Cool Runnings now.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

No Canadian celebration? Are you awake?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on February 23, 2014, 07:53:03 AM
No Canadian celebration? Are you awake?

Sorry - slept through the 5am puck drop. <_<

Got to the game 2 min into the 2nd period.  Damn Canada is looking good, if only for a 1-0 score.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Neil

I woke up just in time for the first goal.

All is well.  No need to get too excited quite yet.  Still, Carey Price has to be tournament MVP.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Threviel

It looks like the Canadians will win. As much fun as Spain in soccer... :cry:

Barrister

Quote from: Threviel on February 23, 2014, 08:34:04 AM

I don't get the reference...

Liep

Quote from: Barrister on February 23, 2014, 08:50:23 AM
Quote from: Threviel on February 23, 2014, 08:34:04 AM

I don't get the reference...

Spain is too good, but good in a very boring way and not in the Usain Bolt spectacular good.

Barrister

Neil

I don't know.  This game has been fairly spectacular, in a shooting-gallery sort of way.  There was a time when Sweden was putting a bit of pressure on at the end of the first and the beginning of the second, but other than that it's been just total domination.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Neil