Started by Solmyr, February 02, 2014, 12:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Aussie schools, vindictive, murderous bastards.  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

grumbler

The Onion never did anything as good as this.  Has whoever put this together done anything else, or was this a first-time hit?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

Yes they have done other stuff, not sure if it is as good.

http://www.henryandaaron.com/

That is a fake non-profit that made the ad, btw. 

sbr

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

dps

Stupid, over-the-top shit like that might be good for a few laughs, it might win an ad company some awards, but it's not going do anything to keep kids from skipping school.

sbr

It's fake.  It is not a PSA at all, it is a short film made by 2 guys who make funny short films. 

Monoriu

The most disturbing thing to me is...the idea that it is necessary to make advertisements to discourage kids from skipping school.  When I first read the thread title I was like, "what do you mean by skipping school?  Is it even possible to skip school?"  After watching the video and thinking about it for a bit, I finally figured out that the kids are not having a vacation, but is not attending school when they are supposed to be. 

DGuller

Skipping school is the most interesting part of attending a school.

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on February 03, 2014, 07:35:13 PM

I agree that schools are utterly uninteresting and a huge waste of time.  Schools are nothing but a selection tool.  Folks who skip school surrender without a fight. 

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on February 03, 2014, 07:56:53 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 03, 2014, 07:35:13 PM

I agree that schools are utterly uninteresting and a huge waste of time.  Schools are nothing but a selection tool.  Folks who skip school surrender without a fight.
Or maybe they're winning by such a margin that they can afford to life a life.