News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Question on Gordon Brown

Started by Monoriu, June 05, 2009, 02:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Somebody told me that there was a recent fiasco involving Gordon Brown.  A few months ago, he posted a video on Youtube to announce something.  And the response was very bad.  Something like it.  Does anybody have any links showing what happened?

Thanks.

Monoriu

Palisadoes

He's done a few things on Youtube, though his smile was ridiculed a lot - even by John "so far up Gordo's arse" Prescott.

Monoriu

That was actually my first reaction.  I thought Brown was trying to save his ass and MP expenses is a very serious topic.  So how come he seemed so happy at the beginning of the video. 

Richard Hakluyt

The thing is that Brown is a grumpy and brainy sort of a bloke. Some bloody fool of a spindoctor has said he should try and make himself more "human". Of course Brown doesn't know how to do this so ends up inanely grinning at inappropriate moments. The spinning worked with Blair as he was actually quite a decent actor; Brown should have ignored the temptation and continued to present himself as an intellectual heavyweight. But there it is, we live in populist times  :(

Sheilbh

I remember Simon Hoggart describing Alan Johnson as running as a human in the Deputy Leadership election.  A dangerous choice :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Palisadoes

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 05, 2009, 03:31:07 AM
The thing is that Brown is a grumpy and brainy sort of a bloke. Some bloody fool of a spindoctor has said he should try and make himself more "human". Of course Brown doesn't know how to do this so ends up inanely grinning at inappropriate moments. The spinning worked with Blair as he was actually quite a decent actor; Brown should have ignored the temptation and continued to present himself as an intellectual heavyweight. But there it is, we live in populist times  :(
But Brown isn't human! He's... superhuman!!!