Which country's early dreadnoughts do you prefer?

Started by Neil, January 11, 2014, 11:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one do you like best?

Britain - Royal Navy - The gold standard.  Nice, big guns.
4 (14.8%)
Germany - Kaiserliche Marine - Slow and steady, but tantalizing with their potential.
6 (22.2%)
America - USN - Cage masts!  All-or-nothing protection!  Hooray!
3 (11.1%)
Italy - Regia Marina - Glass cannons need love too.
0 (0%)
Japan - Teikoku Kaigun - British know-how combined with a love for putting turrets all over the place
4 (14.8%)
France - Marine Nationale - Small, cramped, but very republican.
2 (7.4%)
Russia - Imperskiy VMF Rossii - Minimalist designs appeal to me
0 (0%)
Dual Monarchy - Kaiserliche und Königliche Kriegsmarine - Triple turrets, limited production runs, language barriers.
8 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

celedhring

I just have a massive boner for all things AEIOU after so much EUI/II/III/IV playing the white blob.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 14, 2014, 12:10:36 PM
It seems that the Austrians are the favorites.  That's kind of surprising and an exotic choice.  Maybe we have a few more Spelluses than we had previously thought.

AHE fanboiism is merely the hipster equivalent of extended Kraut/Wehrmacht fanboiism.

Anyway, I voted for the Nips.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I like the USN ships.

-Progressive improvements throughout the period, some radical, some step by step.
-Lots of ships, lots of practice
-Good geography lessons including early dreadnought named "Wyoming"

That is the trifecta there.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2014, 07:37:02 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 14, 2014, 12:10:36 PM
It seems that the Austrians are the favorites.  That's kind of surprising and an exotic choice.  Maybe we have a few more Spelluses than we had previously thought.
AHE fanboiism is merely the hipster equivalent of extended Kraut/Wehrmacht fanboiism.

Anyway, I voted for the Nips.
Don't we only have one hipster on the board?

Besides, I think it comes from a different place.  German  fanboyism usually comes from a very American tendency to love high technology.  Austrians just don't have the same thing.  They're probably the most obscure choice possible.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.