One in 200 Pregnant Women Claim They Didn't have sex

Started by viper37, December 18, 2013, 02:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on December 19, 2013, 09:04:41 AM
I know we are big on abstinence only sex education but at least they should cover what sex is before they tell you not to do it.

Might lead to dancing.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2013, 09:08:16 AM
I know we are big on abstinence only sex education but at least they should cover what sex is before they tell you not to do it.

Might lead to dancing.

:lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 19, 2013, 07:32:23 AM
Quote from: dps on December 18, 2013, 07:58:55 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 18, 2013, 07:39:54 PM
Quote from: dps on December 18, 2013, 07:09:56 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 18, 2013, 06:58:53 PM
It'd be a lot more interesting if they were giving birth to 100% females, and it turns out humans were capable of parthogenesis.

Unfortunately, all the article indicates is that humans are capable of the shittiest, most obvious lies, which is not, strictly speaking, a news story.

What I take out of this is that 1 in 200 people are really, really stupid.  Which is a severe underestimate.
Fixed  your post

No, dumbass.  The study was specifically about women.  You can't draw any conclusions about men from it.

I started to say something along the lines of "Thank God you're not teaching stats" but you teaching English has to be almost as bad.
Since women are equal in intelligence to men, if 1 in 200 women are that stupid than so are 1 in 200 men.

Are you stupid? Men have a greater spread than women.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Brazen

Believe me, there are plenty of women who've had a penis inside them who can ask with varying degrees of justification, "You call THAT sex?"

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2013, 09:08:16 AM

Might lead to dancing.

:)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on December 19, 2013, 12:25:31 PM
Believe me, there are plenty of women who've had a penis inside them who can ask with varying degrees of justification, "You call THAT sex?"

Everybody's a critic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

:lol:

It reminds me of a line from a movie "I risked getting pregnant for that!"

lustindarkness

I did what I could with what I was given.  :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Camerus

Of those 1 in 200, I'd guess a significant portion are just teenage girls.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: The Brain on December 19, 2013, 12:21:49 PM

So there are probably more men that are that stupid. Assuming a flatter bell curve.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 19, 2013, 07:32:23 AM
Since women are equal in intelligence to men, if 1 in 200 women are that stupid than so are 1 in 200 men.
Doesn't necessarily work like that.

The Brain

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 19, 2013, 07:20:41 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 19, 2013, 12:21:49 PM

So there are probably more men that are that stupid. Assuming a flatter bell curve.

Exactly.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

M
Quote from: Legbiter on December 19, 2013, 08:44:00 AM
Here's the study itself.

http://www.bmj.com/content/347/bmj.f7102

QuoteConclusions Around 0.5% of women consistently affirmed their status as virgins and did not use assisted reproductive technology, yet reported virgin births. Even with numerous enhancements and safeguards to optimize reporting accuracy, researchers may still face challenges in the collection and analysis of self reported data on potentially sensitive topics.

So, 0.5% of women are really nuts. Shouldn't that be higher?  ;)

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive