Theives steal truck carrying Cobalt 60, doom themselves to a horrifying death

Started by jimmy olsen, December 05, 2013, 08:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Apparently, the crooks have received glowing reports abut their new appearance.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

mongers

Six men believed to responsible, have undergone hospital tests and been handed over to police:

QuoteThe authorities in Mexico have detained six men suspected of stealing a truck earlier this week carrying medical equipment including a radioactive element.

The suspects had been admitted to a hospital in Hidalgo state with possible symptoms of radiation poisoning.

The truck was stolen on Monday as the driver made an overnight stop on the outskirts of Mexico City.

It was found abandoned two days later on a nearby field.

The Mexican authorities said the protective case containing the radioactive isotope - Cobalt-60 - had been tampered with.

Anyone who came into contact with Cobalt-60 faced life-threatening levels of radiation, officials warned.

Hospitals in the area had been told to look out for people with symptoms of radiation poisoning.

The six men, aged from 16 to 38, have undergone tests at the General Hospital of Pachuca, said Hidalgo Health Secretary Pedro Luis Noble Monterrubio.

"None are showing immediate signs of radiation poisoning," said Mr Noble.

They have been discharged by doctors but have been handed over to Mexican police.

More here, including photos:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-25273457
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

So, Tim, you changed the topic title from colbat to cobalt, but it still says "theives"?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on December 06, 2013, 11:55:08 PM
So, Tim, you changed the topic title from colbat to cobalt, but it still says "theives"?
:blurgh: :blurgh: You're not the boss of me!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 07, 2013, 12:23:36 AM

Thank god. I prefer subordinates with less abysmal spelling.

PDH

I wuold liek to aply to the univresity of Woymign for a degerr in Egninering.  I am porficeint in Egnlish adn I have stdueid fuor yaers in Kroea wiht Americian techer.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

Quote from: PDH on December 07, 2013, 01:03:13 PM
I wuold liek to aply to the univresity of Woymign for a degerr in Egninering.  I am porficeint in Egnlish adn I have stdueid fuor yaers in Kroea wiht Americian techer.
:XD:

The Brain

Quote from: PDH on December 07, 2013, 01:03:13 PM

Monstrous.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

An entire generation of South Koreans, defined by their single unifying characteristic of using "ABSORUTERY APPARRING!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad:" whenever possible.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on December 07, 2013, 11:51:37 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 07, 2013, 12:23:36 AM

Thank god. I prefer subordinates with less abysmal spelling.
I'm getting a raise next year for being a highly effective English teacher. ^_^

Test scores were up significantly this year and of the twenty contestants in the finals of the national English competition held this year in Busan, two were my students.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point