News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: mongers on May 22, 2014, 10:11:43 AM
Interesting debate, but it's rather discordant having a posting outlining probably Russian military advantage, whose name is also Berkut.  :hmm:

It's like he's from earlier wave of agents, who arrive before DG sent on his deep cover mission to the USA.   :ph34r:

:berkut:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

That Latvians should be fine with their mighty two regular Infantry Battalions and eleven reserve infantry battalions.  The fact one is called 'Students Battalion' is especially encouraging.  And these mighty legions will not go into battle unsupported.  They have a squadron of planes to dominate the skies.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on May 22, 2014, 10:16:34 AM
Let me make a few fon calls. :hmm:

Be careful a tall beautiful blond will distract you and lure you away from your 'mission' towards the sins of human intercourse.   :ph34r:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Unless it is a German Shepherd named Blondie I think Brain can resist.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 22, 2014, 01:40:12 AM
http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/why-it-is-time-for-germany-to-stop-romanticizing-russia-a-963284.html

not quite sure but i believe this article tried to explain a bit why so many Germans seem to be sucking up to russia

If half of what the article claims is true, then holy sheep shit.  That is disturbing.  Ignorance or indifference is explainable, but that level of naivete: :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 22, 2014, 01:40:12 AM
http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/why-it-is-time-for-germany-to-stop-romanticizing-russia-a-963284.html

not quite sure but i believe this article tried to explain a bit why so many Germans seem to be sucking up to russia

QuoteThe Soviet Union's implosion, which they blame on Gorbachev, didn't just rob them of their homeland. It also plunged them headfirst into a kind of capitalism that was even more reckless than Manchester capitalism. In no time at all, a handful of oligarchs appropriated the country's most precious assets and a majority of the Russian people fell into poverty.

Capitalism is just handing valuable assets over to your buddies?  Sounds suspiciously like every other economic system.

derspiess

Well obviously the author was referring to Crony Capitalism.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2014, 01:32:34 PM
Well obviously the author was referring to Crony Capitalism.

Not really or the comparison would not have been made to 19th century Manchester.

Valmy

I feel like a big factor is we have blown a massive fuckton of goodwill and political capital with this War on Terror thing, especially to the Euros.  I hope it is all worth it.

Also it is hard to make too big of a fuss over Ukraine after our massive fuckup by recognizing Kosovo.  Sometimes I just do not know what we are thinking.

Razgovory

I think the big thing is that Germany has pretty much decided to be a giant Switzerland.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2014, 01:56:11 PM
I feel like a big factor is we have blown a massive fuckton of goodwill and political capital with this War on Terror thing, especially to the Euros.  I hope it is all worth it.

They were bound to hate us for one thing or another.

QuoteAlso it is hard to make too big of a fuss over Ukraine after our massive fuckup by recognizing Kosovo.  Sometimes I just do not know what we are thinking.

Yeah, I never felt good about the Kosovo thing from the very beginning. 

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2014, 02:01:38 PM
I think the big thing is that Germany has pretty much decided to be a giant Switzerland.

Except with a huge measure of self-loathing.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2014, 02:14:22 PM

Yeah, no Republican did.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2014, 02:44:32 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2014, 02:14:22 PM

Yeah, no Republican did.

McCain sure did.  Plus some others IIRC.

Iormlund

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2014, 01:56:11 PM

Also it is hard to make too big of a fuss over Ukraine after our massive fuckup by recognizing Kosovo.  Sometimes I just do not know what we are thinking.

Meh. The real issue with NATO is that we just don't give a fuck about our brothers out East.