News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

UK should revoke Abramovich's visa and nationalize Chelsea.

Fire Mourinho too, he's probably a Russian spy.

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2014, 02:54:25 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2014, 04:01:57 PM
No way Putin will invade.  He'll just continue doing sneaky KGB stuff to Ukraine.

*cough* ;)

I wasn't thinking much about Crimea, but yeah I was wrong.  Crazy series of events.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 03, 2014, 12:15:25 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2014, 11:01:42 AM
http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/721851

QuoteKIRILLOVSKY TEST RANGE (Leningrad region), March 03. /ITAR-TASS/. President Putin accompanied by Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, troops commander of the Western Military District Anatoly Sidorov and Chief of the head department of combat training of the Russian armed forces Ivan Buvaltsov on Monday have monitored a military exercise held on the Kirillovsky test range in the Leningrad region in the framework of a surprise inspection of combat readiness of troops and ammunition of the Western and Central military districts.

The surprise inspection of troops of the Western and Central military districts, which began on February 26, ends late on March 3. Around 150,000 servicemen, 90 planes, 120 helicopters, 880 tanks, 80 ships all in all took part in the exercise.

More than 1,800 servicemen, 30 tanks, around 20 airborne combat vehicles, five planes and 80 helicopters were involved in the exercise held on the Kirillovsky test range on five scenarios: drills in combat operations and liquidation of a presumed adversary, landing operations by paratroopers on guided parachutes and landing of tactical airborne troops for isolation of a zone of military operations, neutralization of an artillery unit or a logistics supply battalion.

Read also
Moscow informs NATO of surprise inspection of Russian troops
Western and Central commands start massive redeployment
Russia assures US its war games planned in advance, not related to Ukraine
Over 80 combat helicopters redeployed in drills in Russia's Western Military District

That's alot of Tanks.

The Canadian army has ~150 useless tanks.

And a really good time to shitcan those A-10s, BTW :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2014, 02:44:56 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-26426969

QuoteThe document was captured on camera as an official walked along Downing Street

Glad to see the Brits are as good on keeping secrets from the Russians as ever.

My sense of Cold War deja vu is getting stronger and stronger.

Sheilbh

This happens at least once a year. One day they'll realise the men shouting questions and holding cameras know how to use them.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2014, 03:12:11 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 03, 2014, 12:15:25 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2014, 11:01:42 AM
http://en.itar-tass.com/russia/721851

QuoteKIRILLOVSKY TEST RANGE (Leningrad region), March 03. /ITAR-TASS/. President Putin accompanied by Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, troops commander of the Western Military District Anatoly Sidorov and Chief of the head department of combat training of the Russian armed forces Ivan Buvaltsov on Monday have monitored a military exercise held on the Kirillovsky test range in the Leningrad region in the framework of a surprise inspection of combat readiness of troops and ammunition of the Western and Central military districts.

The surprise inspection of troops of the Western and Central military districts, which began on February 26, ends late on March 3. Around 150,000 servicemen, 90 planes, 120 helicopters, 880 tanks, 80 ships all in all took part in the exercise.

More than 1,800 servicemen, 30 tanks, around 20 airborne combat vehicles, five planes and 80 helicopters were involved in the exercise held on the Kirillovsky test range on five scenarios: drills in combat operations and liquidation of a presumed adversary, landing operations by paratroopers on guided parachutes and landing of tactical airborne troops for isolation of a zone of military operations, neutralization of an artillery unit or a logistics supply battalion.

Read also
Moscow informs NATO of surprise inspection of Russian troops
Western and Central commands start massive redeployment
Russia assures US its war games planned in advance, not related to Ukraine
Over 80 combat helicopters redeployed in drills in Russia's Western Military District

That's alot of Tanks.

The Canadian army has ~150 useless tanks.

And a really good time to shitcan those A-10s, BTW :mellow:

Besides the impossibility of the US and Russia ever engaging in direct conventional warfare, I'd say that operations near the Russian border is the kind of thing the A-10 would really suck at.

FunkMonk

Quote from: celedhring on March 03, 2014, 02:58:43 PM

This is what I've been hoping for since this whole thing kicked off.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Solmyr

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 03, 2014, 03:14:14 PM

James Bond does not approve.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2014, 03:09:34 PM
No way Putin will invade.  He'll just continue doing sneaky KGB stuff to Ukraine.

*cough* ;)

I wasn't thinking much about Crimea, but yeah I was wrong.  Crazy series of events.

If Derspeiss was wrong about this, what else could he be wrong about?  Talk about a paradigm shift! :o
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

QuoteThe document was captured on camera as an official walked along Downing Street

This is sickening.  It's like man being murdered in public while everyone politely looks the other way.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2014, 03:09:34 PM

*cough* ;)

It's looking like I was wrong too, when I said this is just a power play and Russian forces will withdraw.

It still boggles my mind "why" though.  Putin *just* finished the Sochi games, trying to open Russia to the world.  The games actually came off very well.  BUt now all that good will is gone, and likely more.  Even if Russia is only kicked out of the G8, that's got to be a blow.

And all over what - the Crimean Penninsula?  This has surely meant Russia has lost most of it's influence over the rest of Ukraine.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

I on the other hand, was correct. :D

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Razgovory on March 03, 2014, 03:34:24 PM

This is sickening.  It's like man being murdered in public while everyone politely looks the other way.

that was last year with that soldier being butchered

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 03, 2014, 03:26:56 PM

The next day Tamad joins the Psellus Pan-Slavic inclination.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 03, 2014, 03:39:59 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 03, 2014, 03:26:56 PM

The next day Tamad joins the Psellus Pan-Slavic inclination.

:lol: