News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 4 coming

Started by Syt, November 17, 2013, 02:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Queequeg

Much rather have Obsidian than Bethesda doing it. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

fhdz

Quote from: Queequeg on November 17, 2013, 03:47:37 PM
Much rather have Obsidian than Bethesda doing it.

Wish in one hand, shit in the other. See which fills up first.
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Great, now I've got several handfuls of excess wishes. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

The whole http://www.thesurvivor2299.com/ website thing is interesting.  There is no evidence that it is a Bethesda-affiliated site except negative evidence:  it uses the Bethesda-licensed Fallout logo without Bethesda complaining.

A quick search regarding Fallout 3's Oscar Zulu station (the "OZ" referred to in the Morse code message) confirms that it is the station where the father was asking for help in saving his sick son.  If you investigated the site, you discovered the remains of two adults (presumably the parents) but no sign of the kid.  The player is left with the impression that the kid was saved, but not the parents.

By the time of Fallout New Vegas (2281), the kid would still be too young to be a factor, but given that BethSoft has moved the timeframe forward with the second game, we can accept that they may do so again in Fallout 4, and so the kid could be old enough to play a role.  Maybe as an NPC, or maybe just in a web comic or graphic novel used to help build publicity, like the character Chance in the graphic novel they did for FONV.    Since the sex of the kid is established in FO3, it isn't likely that the kid would grow up to be the PC of fallout 4.

All of this assumes that the site is really controlled by Bethesda.  If it is a troll, it is a good one.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I thought that all the radio stations in Fallout 3 were supposed to be pre-war.  I agree that if it's a troll it's a good one though.  It certainly looks like a marketing thing.   Hopefully it is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Honestly, I would prefer for a new post apocalypitic RPG game instead of using the old Fallout mythology, but that isn't likely to happen so I'll be happy with with Fallout 4.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on November 20, 2013, 05:56:56 PM
Bethesda have registered Fallout 4 as trademark in Europe.

http://esearch.oami.europa.eu/copla/trademark/data/012311734
Unfortunately, this doesn't tell us anything, really.  We knew that there would be a fallout 4, and there is no practical limit to the time Bethesda can hold this  trademark before making the game.  What it may tell us is that Bethesda is close to announcing the game.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2013, 07:01:51 PM
Honestly, I would prefer for a new post apocalypitic RPG game instead of using the old Fallout mythology, but that isn't likely to happen so I'll be happy with with Fallout 4.
There's that 'The Last of Us' game, but it's for consoles only I think.

As much as I like the Fallout games, the 'fantasy' stuff in them like the giant scorpions and the super mutants do annoy me.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Well, Wasteland 2 is in the works.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Queequeg

Quote from: Caliga on November 21, 2013, 06:15:49 AM
There's that 'The Last of Us' game, but it's for consoles only I think.

As much as I like the Fallout games, the 'fantasy' stuff in them like the giant scorpions and the super mutants do annoy me.
Retrofuture is the entire point of the games.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

11B4V

Wasteland 2, Nuclear Union, Metro LL, etc
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on November 21, 2013, 11:42:13 AM

Wasteland 2, Nuclear Union, Metro LL, etc

I'd like something that isn't made in Russia as well.  I mean, any game that takes place is Russia is post-societal collapse by default.