News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baby Boomers and JFK Worship

Started by CountDeMoney, November 12, 2013, 09:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Gups on November 13, 2013, 09:57:47 AM
Think it's pretty hard to make the case that JFK was anything other than mediocre save on the Cuban Missile Crisis.

He did well in rhetoric. His speeches are still remembered. For a President, that's a reasonably important part of his function - to articulate his country's policies in a way that is attractive and memorable.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Good point Malthus.

Best public diplomacy evah.

sbr

Is today related to JFK in some way?  This morning the gas station I get my coffee at had copies of the front page of the Dallas Morning News (or whatever its called) from the day he was shot.  They may have been there for a while though, I don't look at the newstand every day.

Admiral Yi

Today or close to today is the 50th anniversary of him getting capped.

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on November 13, 2013, 12:17:19 PM
Is today related to JFK in some way?  This morning the gas station I get my coffee at had copies of the front page of the Dallas Morning News (or whatever its called) from the day he was shot.  They may have been there for a while though, I don't look at the newstand every day.

November 22 will be the 50th anniversary.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on November 13, 2013, 10:58:12 AM
RFK is the "what if?" one anyway.

What if RFK ruled Byzantium in 1453. Would it fall?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 13, 2013, 12:18:23 PM
Today or close to today is the 50th anniversary of him getting capped.
I'm looking forward to all the ridiculous hero worship that will occur on that day. :yes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2013, 07:42:51 AM
I'm not trying to "say" anything.
Other than posting shit about Baby Boomers pushes buttons around here.

Well, chin chin...do carry on with your mud pies.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: PDH on November 13, 2013, 10:58:12 AM
RFK is the "what if?" one anyway.
:yes: RFK would have made a really good President IMO.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points