Main Menu

Jane Austen: The Massive Online RPG Game

Started by garbon, November 05, 2013, 02:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

:blink:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kevintang/jane-austen-the-massive-online-rpg-game

Thanks, Kickstarter!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/30564009/ever-jane-the-virtual-world-of-jane-austen

QuoteEver, Jane is a virtual world that allows people to role-play in Regency Period England. Similar to traditional role playing games, we advance our character through experience, but that is where the similarities end. Ever, Jane is about playing the actual character in the game, building stories.  Our quests are derived from player's actions and stories. And  we gossip rather than swords and magic to demolish our enemies and aid our friends. 

Try to win the sympathy of Lizzie Bennet by telling lies about your rival, as Mr. Wickham does, but be careful.  The system will notify someone if they are being talked about too often and a good sleuth may find the player who is spreading such rumors.  If you are caught in your lies, the consequences you intended for your target will hit you two-fold.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Huh.

I'm always intrigued by social or non-combat type games, even though they invariably are not particularly compelling.

Trying to fund a MMO with only $100k seems like madness, but the designer's bio says she worked with Second Life so she has some actual experience (unlike some kickstarters).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2013, 02:23:56 PM
:blink:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kevintang/jane-austen-the-massive-online-rpg-game

Thanks, Kickstarter!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/30564009/ever-jane-the-virtual-world-of-jane-austen

QuoteEver, Jane is a virtual world that allows people to role-play in Regency Period England. Similar to traditional role playing games, we advance our character through experience, but that is where the similarities end. Ever, Jane is about playing the actual character in the game, building stories.  Our quests are derived from player's actions and stories. And  we gossip rather than swords and magic to demolish our enemies and aid our friends. 

Try to win the sympathy of Lizzie Bennet by telling lies about your rival, as Mr. Wickham does, but be careful.  The system will notify someone if they are being talked about too often and a good sleuth may find the player who is spreading such rumors.  If you are caught in your lies, the consequences you intended for your target will hit you two-fold.

Those guys just ripped off Languish and renamed it using Katmai's middle name.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Bossfights must be just horrible. And how is the crafting?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

frunk

My word, it's Leeeeeeeerooooy..._Jeeenkins!  How boorish.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: mongers on November 05, 2013, 04:03:40 PM

Those guys just ripped off Languish and renamed it using Katmai's middle name.  :hmm:

:huh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Well it is surprisingly not the weirdest idea for a MMO I have heard.  I bet it is more successful than Warhammer online.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

It's surely not as nightmarish and disturbing a concept as Furcadia and that one's been around for about a decade now, so why not?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.