Man Cuts Penis To Avoid Marriage - Novel Idea or Stupid?

Started by Norgy, May 31, 2009, 11:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/05/31/2585738.htm

QuoteEgyptian cuts off penis to torpedo marriage

An Egyptian has cut off his own penis in protest at his parents' choice of bride, a police official said.

The 25-year-old labourer from the village of Sheikh Eissa in southern Egypt was taken to hospital in stable condition, the official said, adding that the man had also mutilated his testicles.

"He was in love with a woman but his parents rejected her and told him to marry another woman he didn't want. He took a knife and cut off his penis in his room," the official said.

Doctors were unable to reattach the severed member, the official added.

- AFP

Truly inspiring actions from the Egyptian bloke. No fat chicks!

CountDeMoney

Literally cut it off now, or let her figuratively cut it off later.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

sbr

Not sure what he was trying to accomplish, it's not like he was going to need after the wedding anyways.

DisturbedPervert

QuoteHe was in love with a woman

Yeah, sure.  Sounds more like they wouldn't fund his sex change operation.

BuddhaRhubarb

Dude was a moron. This is the 21st century. Your parents don't pick your wife for you unless you let them. He should have told them to fuck off and married who he wants to. reason #3,976,876,936,987,042 religion is only for retards.
:p

Eddie Teach

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 01, 2009, 01:17:05 AM
Dude was a moron. This is the 21st century. Your parents don't pick your wife for you unless you let them. He should have told them to fuck off and married who he wants to. reason #3,976,876,936,987,042 religion is only for retards.

Surely that should be higher on the list? Top million at least.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 01, 2009, 01:21:53 AM
Surely that should be higher on the list? Top million at least.

ok sorry 3,976,876,936,987,042nd reason/example I personally have heard of that  religion is only for retards

PS I hate the way quoting works here... too easy to mess up when you are tired.
:p

garbon

Btw, the news story that is being presented by AP is a bit different:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jkQeFfl3y8YnKolTFhvdjo1IpAogD98HFSUG0

QuoteFamily axes wedding plans, Egyptian cuts off organ

By SARAH EL DEEB – 15 hours ago

CAIRO (AP) — A 25-year-old Egyptian man cut off his own penis to spite his family after he was refused permission to marry a girl from a lower class family, police reported Sunday.

After unsuccessfully petitioning his father for two years to marry the girl, the man heated up a knife and sliced off his reproductive organ, said a police official.

The young man came from a prominent family in the southern Egyptian province of Qena, one of Egypt's poorest and most conservative areas that is also home to the famed ancient Egyptian ruins of Luxor.

The man was rushed to the hospital but doctors were unable to reattach the severed member, the official added citing the police report filed after the incident.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak with the press, added that the man was still recovering in the hospital.

Traditionally, marriages in these conservative part of southern Egypt are between similar social classes and often within the same extended families — and are rarely for love.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

That sort of thing might fly here in the West, but out there, it's a different story.  Contempt for one's family is a uniquely Western affectation, because our wealth has enabled us to throw off all human contact and demolish society.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

This wasn't a religious thing, just a typical primitive society thing.
██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

Slargos

And these are the kinds of people who are supposed to enrich our culture.

NO THANK YOU, COMMIETARDS!

PDH

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on June 01, 2009, 08:49:06 AM
I think it's more of a mental illness thing.
I think that this is at the root of the matter.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM