Dozens of college students massacred in Nigeria by Boko Haram

Started by jimmy olsen, September 29, 2013, 08:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 30, 2013, 09:54:06 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 30, 2013, 08:37:50 AM
Time to hit them back at their muslim schools.

Not as straightforward as that in Nigeria, there are vigilante groups forming there which include muslims who seem just as pissed off with Boko Haram as the rest of Nigerian society :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23409387

this

It is important to remember that the conflict one within muslim society and it is about how to deal with modernity. The anti-westernizing faction within those societies try to consolidate their power by provoking western reactions which then result in increased support for anti-westernizers within those societies. And, to follow machiavelli, never do slight harm to those who might be able to retaliate. People should be destroyed or made friends.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 30, 2013, 09:54:06 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 30, 2013, 08:37:50 AM
Time to hit them back at their muslim schools.

Not as straightforward as that in Nigeria, there are vigilante groups forming there which include muslims who seem just as pissed off with Boko Haram as the rest of Nigerian society :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23409387

I may or may not have been 100% serious.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Richard Hakluyt

@derspeiss, yes I know, but it was a good hook to introduce the vigilante story with  :cool:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on September 30, 2013, 10:09:28 AM
It is rather sad and bizarre to see people eradicating part of their own culture but I suppose we have seen plenty of this in Eastern Europe over the years as well.  I am not sure the big prize a country wins by being 100% homogeneous ethnically and religiously but it seems really valuable for some reason.
The prize is supposed to be social stability.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.