News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Rape victims with their attacker's quotes

Started by Syt, September 25, 2013, 05:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

You're right.  Maybe I'll have better luck with Ide. 

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

OttoVonBismarck

I don't know much about the sexual abuse/rape survivor world, but what little I do know is it seems to me there are individuals are often "repeat victims" not of the same person but of multiple individuals throughout their life. This photo from the project shows what I mean, someone who is saying they were victimized by five different people (four separate incidents), over the period of their life. I just wonder what's going on that this happens.

I mean, when a child is raped by a family member, it's (sadly) no surprise it becomes a habitual thing and the child is assaulted many, many times. But rape and such is still rare enough that it's mind boggling there are so many victims who have been assaulted by multiple different, totally unrelated persons with years of separation in between the assaults.

Razgovory

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on September 25, 2013, 10:12:40 PM
I don't know much about the sexual abuse/rape survivor world, but what little I do know is it seems to me there are individuals are often "repeat victims" not of the same person but of multiple individuals throughout their life. This photo from the project shows what I mean, someone who is saying they were victimized by five different people (four separate incidents), over the period of their life. I just wonder what's going on that this happens.

I mean, when a child is raped by a family member, it's (sadly) no surprise it becomes a habitual thing and the child is assaulted many, many times. But rape and such is still rare enough that it's mind boggling there are so many victims who have been assaulted by multiple different, totally unrelated persons with years of separation in between the assaults.

Some women are attracted to men with the types of personalities that are predisposed toward sexual violence.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

OttoVonBismarck

Victim blaming, Raz? A thousand Feminist's voices just rose up in protest and rage...

DGuller

I hate threads like this.  How exactly are you supposed to make a bad insensitive joke with this material?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on September 25, 2013, 10:15:32 PM
Some women are attracted to men with the types of personalities that are predisposed toward sexual violence.

Clear Heels Syndrome affects everyone.

Razgovory

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on September 25, 2013, 10:21:23 PM
Victim blaming, Raz? A thousand Feminist's voices just rose up in protest and rage...

Probably.  I never learned much about rape statistics but I reckon it's similar to other abuse.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 25, 2013, 10:23:14 PM
I hate threads like this.  How exactly are you supposed to make a bad insensitive joke with this material?

Easy, think like CdM. Something about fetuses.

MadImmortalMan

Like this.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers