News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Resolving host

Started by Josephus, September 22, 2013, 03:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Anyone know what his means? Im using chrome. Web browsing is very slow. At the bottom left when I'm trying to get onto a website it says "resolving host."
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

Trying to find the web server.
PDH!

Josephus

It's working fine now. What could the problem have been. Came back by itself.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Josephus on September 22, 2013, 07:09:47 PM
It's working fine now. What could the problem have been. Came back by itself.

Resolving host is a DNS issue; if you're behind a wireless router, it could theoretically be the router's connection dropping (it also happens on wired connections, but it's much more rare), if you're on a wired connection, odds are the ISP's router that you connect to got overloaded upstream from you.
Experience bij!

Josephus

So should that happen again and it doesn't come back, should a reboot of the modem/router/computer help?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Josephus on September 24, 2013, 06:12:00 AM
So should that happen again and it doesn't come back, should a reboot of the modem/router/computer help?

50/50.  Definitely can't hurt.
Experience bij!