News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shooter at Washington Navy Yard kills 12

Started by jimmy olsen, September 16, 2013, 07:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

3 shots fired inside Naval Sea Systems Command HQ?  Ass is probably involved.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

So far, the score is:  as many as 12 shot, 4 dead.  DC Metro officer and a base officer wounded.  Shooter is either down/wounded/cornered, depending on who's reporting.

Kleves

At least we can all take comfort in the fact that the shooter's right to an assault rifle wasn't interfered with prior to the shooting.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Scipio

I find it hard to believe that in a secured military base, located in a city with extensive firearm regulations, someone managed to secure a firearm illegally and then use it to illegally shoot other people.  Clearly, the Washington Naval Yard needs more gun control.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

crazy canuck

Heard a report there could be three gunmen.

@Scipio, if Kleves is right the gun were obtained legally. :P

Neil

The solution is to ban privately-owned guns in the United States.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

So I just opened up Facebook and the first "our thoughts and prayers are with the victims" post from a company I see was made by... Glock. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on September 16, 2013, 11:55:15 AM
So I just opened up Facebook and the first "our thoughts and prayers are with the victims" post from a company I see was made by... Glock. :sleep:
:lol:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on September 16, 2013, 11:32:26 AM
I find it hard to believe that in a secured military base, located in a city with extensive firearm regulations, someone managed to secure a firearm illegally and then use it to illegally shoot other people.  Clearly, the Washington Naval Yard needs more gun control.

That's what happens when you have lax laws elsewhere.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I kind of wonder if these other 'possible shooters' were workers in the building firing back at the shooter. :hmm:

KRonn

They're saying several shooters so my first thoughts were a terrorist attack, especially given that it's at a prominent Naval Shipyard.

Caliga

QuoteThe dead suspect in Monday's killings at the Washington Navy Yard has been identified as Aaron Alexis, a 34-year-old military contractor from Texas, the Washington FBI Field Office told CNN's Pamela Brown.