News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GTA V soon Bitches

Started by 11B4V, September 11, 2013, 02:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Well to be fair it is only Target and Kmart, I believe.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I've ordered the PS4/GTAV bundle for Christmas (plus WWE 2k15 which looks excellent this year). :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Started playing this yesterday. Damn, this game looks absolutely gorgeous. I don't have the comparison to PS3, obviously. And yeah, it's gonna be even better on PC, and with higher framerate - by the time I have a PC that can run it at max settings it'll probably be 7.49 on a Steam sale, though. :P

What's weird is that it keeps giving me L.A. Noire flashbacks. Like the church near where Franklin lives, and some of the non-landmark houses, giving me "isn't this where I nabbed some drug smugglers in '47?". I could swear Simeon's car dealership is very similar to one in L.A. Noire (with the small wall and row of bushes around the parking lot). Possibly they recycled some of their buildings from the previous game and brushed them up. Or it might just be that this both being fictional L.A.s that the style is very similar and therefore playing tricks on me. It's a rather strange case of deja vu, though. :lol:

After the first couple of missions (I still suck at car chases) I took a car North to the desert. Where I stole a dirtbike and puttered around a bit. From one hill there was a beautiful view at night with city lights in the distance. I drove around a bit, got to the lake, took a boat, drove down the river via Lago Zancudo to Chumash where I stole another car and then headed back home. The roundtrip probably took me an hour, including some looking around, and it didn't scratch much of the surface of the game.  :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

So err....
1: how do you answer the phone? I keep rejecting it and erring a text instead

2: the first Michael/franklin mission... I think I did it wrong. Can you control franklin on that? This character switching confounds me
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Directional pad up, then X (or presumably A on XBOX controller) for the phone.

Tapping directional pad down will switch to "most relevant character." Or you hold directional pad down and use the right stick to select.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on December 21, 2014, 02:46:01 AM
Started playing this yesterday. Damn, this game looks absolutely gorgeous. I don't have the comparison to PS3, obviously. And yeah, it's gonna be even better on PC, and with higher framerate - by the time I have a PC that can run it at max settings it'll probably be 7.49 on a Steam sale, though. :P

Wha platform are you using?  Xbox?

Syt

PS4. Not touching Xbox One, though I was very happy with my 360. But at the end of the day, Sony will probably have more exclusives than Xbox, like MLB The Show. Also: generally no region lock on games. I did like the Xbox menus a lot better, though. It wasn't great, but the Sony store for example is tedious to browse in, and Xbox had more infos, screenshots etc. of games (unless I haven't found them in the PS version yet).

They were offering PS4 with controller and GTA5 here as a bundle, so I snatched it up. I read somewhere that the PS4 that comes with it is slightly improved over the original release model, but I coudln't tell you what those improvements would be. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Playing Battlefield4 on PS3 with a bunch of guys kinda reminds me of sitting at the dork table in the cafeteria in junior high, while all the cool kids are on PS4.  :lol:

Syt

Well, the games catalog isn't that great yet one year after release, and a lot of the stuff is available just as well through Steam (and cheaper, most likely!). Sports games is where it's at, really.

Also, there's no real killer titles. Technically, PCs are better, and will in 80-90% of cases get the same games, and then some.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Yeah I have no desire to purchase any of these next gens
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

The latest GTA V patch added wind effects to trees.  Sounds lame but it looks pretty cool, actually.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

GTA V is coming to PC april 16th. Woop. €59.99. Bleh. I mean, I'll still get it. But bleh.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Looking at the pre-release coverage, this might be a game that will prove to a mainstream audience that when it comes to quality a currently (upper) medium range PC is better than next gen consoles, and I feel like this might be the last console generation we may see in a long while (possibly longer than the PS3/X360's already very long life span).

It used to be that each console generation had a bit of a leap - from NES/Master System (8bit!) to SNES/Genesis (16bit!) to N64/Dreamcast (3D!) to PS1/Game Cube (CD ROMSs!) to PS2/Xbox (even better graphics!) to PS3/X360/Wii (HD graphics!).

The jump to PS4/X1/Wii U felt much smaller, and for the first time since the PS1 I feel my computer is actually technically better than the new consoles (when I bought the 360 one or two years after launch it was still better than my PC at the time). The main additions seem to be ZOMG mroe Online functuionality. Yay. <_<

I'm not saying that console games are going to die soon - couch gaming will remain popular, and consoles are still easier to use than PCs (and often cheaper), though not as easy as in the pre-online era (insert game - play). Though it's not helped that a lot of developers still develop their titles with both last gen and current gen in mind. Yes, I have a PS4 by now, but I doubt I will use it in future for anything but exclusives like Bloodborne or some sports game, though with the growth of the PC audience, we might see a swing back to fewer exclusives.
—Stephen Jay Gould