News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shop opening hours in your country

Started by Syt, September 11, 2013, 02:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

I do most of my food shopping at small shops.  My butcher is open 8-6 Tuesday-Saturday.  My baker is open 7-6 everyday (but I like to get there early to get the bread out of the oven).  The place I get my fruits and Veggies is open 10-6 everyday.  The grocery store where I get everything else is open 8-10 everyday.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2013, 06:24:19 AM
I like wandering WalMart at 3 am.

Yeah, me too.  But I suspect for different reasons.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 11, 2013, 02:01:47 PM
My baker is open 7-6 everyday (but I like to get there early to get the bread out of the oven). 

Shouldn't the baker or one of his employees be doing that?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on September 11, 2013, 02:58:10 PM

I'm not checking out the women.  :yucky:

I go to Target for that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2013, 07:23:15 PM

I go to Target for that.

I wish to buy things, but not be seen the public at large.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on September 11, 2013, 07:29:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2013, 07:23:15 PM

I go to Target for that.

I wish to buy things, but not be seen the public at large.

The term "at large" seems especially appropriate for some customers.

Ideologue

There are places without 24 hour stores?  What barbarism.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

I don't do much shopping so don't take a great deal of notice. 

Most shops in towns and cities in the UK stay open till 5.30 pm, some till 6 pm. 

Supermarkets generally till 8 pm, though the largest ones often until midnight, some in the larger cities stay open all the time.

The now modified Sunday trading laws still apply, so all medium to large supermarkets have to close at 4 pm or at least only open for a maximum of I think 6 hours say 10 am-4 pm. 
Generally most other shops, other than convenience and corner shops in cities don't open on Sundays. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

In London there's a few big 24 hour supermarkets (or McDonalds) and lots of little 24 hour convenience stores. Aside from that it varies, in the community areas I'd say shops are open roughly the same as mongers describes, but then in the retail areas normally open until 8-10.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

The supermarket where I shop is open 8am - midnight Monday through Saturday. I guess most retailers in my city are open about 10am - 8pm, Monday - Saturday. Most shops are closed on Sundays.

crazy canuck

Quote from: dps on September 11, 2013, 07:21:51 PM
My baker is open 7-6 everyday (but I like to get there early to get the bread out of the oven). 

Shouldn't the baker or one of his employees be doing that?

Why would I want it sullied by their hands?

merithyn

I do most of my food shopping at small shops.  My butcher is open 8-6 Tuesday-Saturday.  My baker is open 7-6 everyday (but I like to get there early to get the bread out of the oven).  The place I get my fruits and Veggies is open 10-6 everyday.  The grocery store where I get everything else is open 8-10 everyday.

Just curious. Who does the shopping in your house?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...