News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Florida question

Started by Caliga, August 21, 2013, 12:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

We have started planning our next trip to Florida and thought it might be fun to stay @ Disney, but spend some time elsewhere as well.  Specifically, I'm looking at both Daytona Speedway and Kennedy Space Center.

QUESTION:  Is it possible to visit both in a single day and not be totally rushed?  It looks like both are basically the exact same distance from Disney World, as well as each other.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Well, I have trouble thinking what you'd want to do at Daytona Speedway, let alone killing several hours there.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 21, 2013, 12:55:09 PM
Well, I have trouble thinking what you'd want to do at Daytona Speedway, let alone killing several hours there.

He wants to re-enact the underwear scene from Talladega Nights.

mongers

It's the long dangly bit that's always dragging America down geographically and in all other senses.  :smarty:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 21, 2013, 12:55:09 PM
I like NASCAR :sleep:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

It hasn't been the same since JD McDuffie's death, though. :(

Ed Anger

Tim Richmond rocked. Too bad about the AIDS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on August 21, 2013, 12:47:37 PM
We have started planning our next trip to Florida and thought it might be fun to stay @ Disney, but spend some time elsewhere as well.  Specifically, I'm looking at both Daytona Speedway and Kennedy Space Center.

QUESTION:  Is it possible to visit both in a single day and not be totally rushed?  It looks like both are basically the exact same distance from Disney World, as well as each other.

KSC will probably take you a minimum of four hours for the bus tour, Apollo mission control and Atlantis.  If it's crowded it will take longer; and there is more to see than that.  I think you'd be pushing it if you tried to do more than KSC in one day.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

Yay, a non-jokey response!  Thanks. :)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on August 22, 2013, 02:14:19 PM

I wasn't joking.   :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Yes you were.  You know what people do at Daytona Speedway. :sleep:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on August 22, 2013, 02:14:19 PM

If you guys go over Labor Day weekend, I'll join ya.

Caliga

Sorry dude, we're looking at October 2014.