Fans Take Videogame Damsels Out of Distress, Put Them in Charge

Started by merithyn, July 03, 2013, 11:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

My ex's company has never made a hit game, to my knowledge. What they do, instead, is make a bunch of mediocre games for name-brand companies, like Disney. They also create a lot of the engines that other companies then turn into Big Name Games.

So far, this model has worked. The company's been around for 21 years, and has grown every year, so far as I know. They do layoffs every few years to get rid of the non-productive folks ("I'm sorry, but we didn't get the game we thought we would, so we have to let a few of you guys go."), but otherwise, they're pretty stable with their staff.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

What's the name of the company?   Is it High Voltage games?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Well, it's High Voltage Software, but I'm fairly sure that I've mentioned that in the past.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...