News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Returning to the US for a month

Started by AnchorClanker, May 26, 2009, 02:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: katmai on May 26, 2009, 03:54:19 PM
Pfft what kind of wacko drives from San Diego to Portland?!?!

Someone who wants to visit Bakersfield?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 26, 2009, 03:50:31 PM
*sigh*

I'll be driving from SD to PDX.  I'll be hitting everything in-between.
Actually, I'll be in Monterey and SF at the same time as you, so we could meet at Vesuvio or Cafe Prague.

I don't drive at all in the UK... and I miss my roadtrips.
Plus - here's what I have to hit - San Diego, Rancho Palos Verdes, Monterey, SF, Klamath Falls, Eugene, Tillamook County, Tigard and Portland.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

AnchorClanker

Quote from: garbon on May 26, 2009, 03:57:24 PM

Someone who wants to visit Bakersfield?

Nah, both my wimmin from the San Fernando have relocated to SoCal.  No need to do the I-5 south of Sac.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

katmai

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 26, 2009, 03:58:58 PM
*sigh*

Actually, I'll be in Monterey and SF at the same time as you, so we could meet at Vesuvio or Cafe Prague.

Plus - here's what I have to hit - San Diego, Rancho Palos Verdes, Monterey, SF, Klamath Falls, Eugene, Tillamook County, Tigard and Portland.

I was mainly making a joke since a certain navy man was suppose to do same trip two summers ago with myself and crazy englishman :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

AnchorClanker

Quote from: katmai on May 26, 2009, 04:00:42 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 26, 2009, 03:58:58 PM
*sigh*

I was mainly making a joke since a certain navy man was suppose to do same trip two summers ago with myself and crazy englishman :P
:cry:

There was NO WAY that I could get off of work at that time.  RH and I still grouse about that.  grumbler was supposed to go as well ,IIRC.

katmai

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 26, 2009, 04:02:04 PM
:cry:

There was NO WAY that I could get off of work at that time.  RH and I still grouse about that.  grumbler was supposed to go as well ,IIRC.

Indeed he was.

edit: and damn it was 3 years now, man time flies.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

AnchorClanker

So... both USN types crapped out.  I still have the pic of you and RH in front of my rinky-dink post office.   :P

garbon

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 26, 2009, 03:59:59 PM
Nah, both my wimmin from the San Fernando have relocated to SoCal.  No need to do the I-5 south of Sac.

I was being spiteful (shock!) ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: garbon on May 26, 2009, 04:05:03 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 26, 2009, 03:59:59 PM

I was being spiteful (shock!) ;)

Totally shocked over here in UK.   :P  I caught your meaning, but in times past, I ALWAYS stopped in Visalia on these trips.   :whistle: :smoke:

garbon

AnchorClanker

garbon

AnchorClanker

:lol:

Oh, if ever you meet either of them (Same first name!!!), you'd know what I mean.

Richard Hakluyt

*sigh*

Yes indeed! What kind of loon would do that?

citizen k

Ank's triumphal return to the States.