Paula Deen fired from Food Network for racist comments

Started by jimmy olsen, June 22, 2013, 01:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Legbiter on June 24, 2013, 01:38:29 PM
That sucks but she once used donuts as hamburger breads. That lardass culinary sodomite was emblematic of everything wrong with the current Western diet.

No she wasnt and isnt. Apparently you've not spent a large amount of time in the South.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 24, 2013, 06:00:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2013, 05:13:49 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 24, 2013, 04:53:48 PM
The stores by and large don't sell real food anymore, and if they accidently do, it's tucked away in the produce aisles to the sides.

That is the way it has always been...at least since I have been alive.  Real food around the edges, processed crap in the middle.

So food is only real if unprocessed?

Yes, I know millions of North Americans disagree with that concept.  But that is one of the reasons there are so many fat North Americans.

It is lack of discipline that makes us fat.  I'm not fat, and look at the garbage I eat.  Today, for example, I ate a bag of Chester's (the Cheeto cheetah's) hot fries and eight chocolate chip cookies.  But I'll be fine because of DISCIPLINE.

I'm really getting sick of the lack of discipline displayed by others.  LOSE. FUCKING. WEIGHT. PLEASE.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 24, 2013, 08:22:04 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 24, 2013, 06:00:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2013, 05:13:49 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 24, 2013, 04:53:48 PM
The stores by and large don't sell real food anymore, and if they accidently do, it's tucked away in the produce aisles to the sides.

That is the way it has always been...at least since I have been alive.  Real food around the edges, processed crap in the middle.

So food is only real if unprocessed?

Yes, I know millions of North Americans disagree with that concept.  But that is one of the reasons there are so many fat North Americans.

It is lack of discipline that makes us fat.  I'm not fat, and look at the garbage I eat.  Today, for example, I ate a bag of Chester's (the Cheeto cheetah's) hot fries and eight chocolate chip cookies.  But I'll be fine because of DISCIPLINE.

I'm really getting sick of the lack of discipline displayed by others.  LOSE. FUCKING. WEIGHT. PLEASE.

Yeah because you're showing some healthy discipline...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Garbon am I a bad person cause I will laughs ass off when Ide is diagnosed as a diabetic?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

merithyn

Quote from: Maximus on June 24, 2013, 07:53:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2013, 06:20:15 PM
I actually think portions might be a bigger issue. Most places I go, they give be double, if not triple, the amount of food that I actually want. Combine that with guilt over wasting food and...ugh.

Most places I go give me half as much as I want.

Sadly, he's not joking. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2013, 06:09:11 PM
So I guess goodbye to most foods that one can store for more than a day. And an increase in disease you get from raw milk. Yay!

There's very little disease from raw milk, AFAIK.  I've never had it, but I suppose I'll try to get some when I'm living in dairyland.  Don't they sell it under the table in Union Sq. and shit?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: merithyn on June 25, 2013, 12:05:26 AM
Quote from: Maximus on June 24, 2013, 07:53:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2013, 06:20:15 PM
I actually think portions might be a bigger issue. Most places I go, they give be double, if not triple, the amount of food that I actually want. Combine that with guilt over wasting food and...ugh.

Most places I go give me half as much as I want.

Sadly, he's not joking. :(

Start going to places with a buffet table. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on June 24, 2013, 08:22:04 PM

This is something I personally don't get.  Eating well doesn't require discipline.  It feels good all on its own.  It may require a lot more cash, unfortunately.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on June 25, 2013, 12:59:13 AM
This is something I personally don't get.  Eating well doesn't require discipline.  It feels good all on its own.  It may require a lot more cash, unfortunately.

Is joke?

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 25, 2013, 01:08:31 AM
Quote from: DGuller on June 25, 2013, 12:59:13 AM

Is joke?
Not.

Eddie Teach

Then how do you square your Burger King consumption?

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 25, 2013, 02:06:47 AM
Then how do you square your Burger King consumption?
With a couple of pints of blueberries.

merithyn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 25, 2013, 12:32:39 AM

Start going to places with a buffet table. :contract:

:D

I started doing that once the eldest two boys hit 13.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

In DG's defense, the BK Stacker is NOT that big of a sandwich.  I've heard people compare it to Wendy's Baconator, which is a much bigger sandwich. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points