News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Safety Not Guaranteed

Started by Caliga, March 15, 2012, 06:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Monoriu on March 15, 2012, 07:47:13 AM
"Travel back in time to live with the Qing emperor" is probably the most popular TV drama themes right now.  These are big budget, A-list star productions in China.  My wife has watched quite a number of these shows and she is crazy about them. 
China's Downton Abbey?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

This story is sad. I am sad.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on March 15, 2012, 10:04:22 AM
"Travel back in time to live with the Qing emperor" is probably the most popular TV drama themes right now.  These are big budget, A-list star productions in China.  My wife has watched quite a number of these shows and she is crazy about them. 
China's Downton Abbey?

Downton is big budget, A-list?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 15, 2012, 10:54:45 AM
China's Downton Abbey?

i think it's big budget, actually. as far as tv shows go. but i meant the nostalgia about a place in time that really sucked to live in. Crappy medicine, little to no social mobility, a world war. those don't really bring a  "Ah, the memories" moment :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Razgovory

Interesting.  Folie a Deux is a very, very rare.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on March 15, 2012, 10:57:51 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 15, 2012, 10:54:45 AM
China's Downton Abbey?

i think it's big budget, actually. as far as tv shows go. but i meant the nostalgia about a place in time that really sucked to live in. Crappy medicine, little to no social mobility, a world war. those don't really bring a  "Ah, the memories" moment :lol:

Goddammit, the female half of my entire family somehow became obsessed by that damn soap opera while my back was turned. My wife is bonding with my mother and my aunt on my dad's side over how bitchy some damn 1920s housemaid is.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

If you mean O'Brien, she's a ladies' maid, not a housemaid.  :bowler:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

For fuck's sake, you're all asshats.  Knock it off, before I start an Axis of Lettow.

Razgovory

Great, I'll get lumped in that one as well. :glare:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on March 15, 2012, 12:24:29 PM
Goddammit, the female half of my entire family somehow became obsessed by that damn soap opera while my back was turned. My wife is bonding with my mother and my aunt on my dad's side over how bitchy some damn 1920s housemaid is.  :lol:
that's when they start plotting against you :ph34r:. bad things happen when women in your family start talking to much with each other :lol:

Darth Wagtaros

Just how many time traveling romances set in Beijing can you have?
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 15, 2012, 12:46:02 PM
Just how many time traveling romances set in Beijing can you have?

I don't know, any one of them can lead to a paradox.  And you know what that means, more buggy strategy game releases.

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 15, 2012, 12:33:50 PM
If you mean O'Brien, she's a ladies' maid, not a housemaid.  :bowler:

I don't know. More, I don't want to know.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on March 15, 2012, 12:36:48 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 15, 2012, 12:24:29 PM
that's when they start plotting against you :ph34r:. bad things happen when women in your family start talking to much with each other :lol:

:cheers:

Exactly right.