Bachmann running neck and neck with Romney in Iowa

Started by jimmy olsen, June 27, 2011, 08:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

My apologies for the misunderstanding Raz.

Out of curiosity, where did you get that Tea Partiers want to eliminate Cowboy Poetry?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on June 27, 2011, 03:37:53 PM
Rolling Stone had an article on her: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/michele-bachmanns-holy-war-20110622?page=1

Obviously a bit biased.

Of course it's biased; it's Rolling Stone.  However, it does make a very good point:

QuoteSnickering readers in New York or Los Angeles might be tempted by all of this to conclude that Bachmann is uniquely crazy. But in fact, such tales by Bachmann work precisely because there are a great many people in America just like Bachmann, people who believe that God tells them what condiments to put on their hamburgers, who can't tell the difference between Soviet Communism and a Stafford loan, but can certainly tell the difference between being mocked and being taken seriously. When you laugh at Michele Bachmann for going on MSNBC and blurting out that the moon is made of red communist cheese, these people don't learn that she is wrong. What they learn is that you're a dick, that they hate you more than ever, and that they're even more determined now to support anyone who promises not to laugh at their own visions and fantasies.

There's a reason Dubya won--twice--and why Dumbfuckistan is going to get carried by politicians like Bachmann;  otherwise normal Americans, with their fruity gold standard/every-sperm-is-sacred funditudes, get mad when they think they're being made fun of by the Lame Stream Media, big city libruls, and academia.  They didn't like being lectured by the hippie Gore, or the northeaestern liberal millionaire Kerry, and they certainly didn't like be outvoted by brown people, fags and unions with the nigger Obama.

If Obama's not careful, this psychobitch fruitloop could make things very scary.  Most educated, rational human beings should be worried;  even normal conservatives and the fake libertarians, who can drowned out very quickly in the primaries.

Eddie Teach

Nobody likes getting made fun of. Except maybe Siege and Lettow.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 30, 2011, 04:31:19 AM
If Obama's not careful, this psychobitch fruitloop could make things very scary.  Most educated, rational human beings should be worried;  even normal conservatives and the fake libertarians, who can drowned out very quickly in the primaries.

Have you been reading Nostrodamus ?  :(

No country's electorate can be that stupid can they ?:  :unsure:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 30, 2011, 04:31:19 AM

They didn't like being lectured by the hippie Gore, or the northeaestern liberal millionaire Kerry, a

Goddamn right. I know everytime I flip on MSNBC, any sympathy for lefties or their causes dies. Fuck those New York faggots.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Although I am not a fan of Obama by any means, I would definitely vote for him over Bachmann.  I usually vote third party but if it came down to a race between those two I'd feel compelled to vote for Obama.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

I wouldn't feel compelled to vote for anybody since Texas will vote Republican even if Pontius Pilate was heading the ticket on a crucify Jesus platform.

I will still vote though because...well...I always do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on June 30, 2011, 11:25:21 AM
They spend $20.2 billion on cowboy poetry?

If we send the windbags out to Iraq they can double as air-conditioners.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on June 30, 2011, 11:17:47 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 29, 2011, 07:00:57 PM
My apologies for the misunderstanding Raz.

Out of curiosity, where did you get that Tea Partiers want to eliminate Cowboy Poetry?

Linky: http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0311/Reid_Save_federal_funding_for_the_cowboy_poets.html

:D
Reid is quite the stumblemouth himself:
Quote"Had that program not been around, the tens of thousands of people who come there every year would not exist."
:D
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Maybe there are wild orgies at those meetings.

Fate

Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2011, 08:36:07 AM
I wouldn't feel compelled to vote for anybody since Texas will vote Republican even if Pontius Pilate was heading the ticket on a crucify Jesus platform.

I will still vote though because...well...I always do.

There aren't even Democrats to vote for in Lubbock. Most of your options are Republican vs. Libertarian.  :lol: