News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Disciples II Gold - is it any good?

Started by Lucidor, April 07, 2010, 10:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidor

It looks OKish, and a bit like Heroes of Might and Magic. Is it any good? It is was on sale from GOG.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/disciples_2_gold

Looking for the link, I saw that I missed the promotion, perhaps I should not get it.

Tamas

IIRC there is a demo out already for Disciples 3. Haven't played any of them, though

Solmyr

I played the basic Disciples 2 and recall that it sucked.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Cecil

I only played Rise of the Elves and I thought it was okish. Story was pretty decent though. Instead of your usual "we elves are twinkly balls of light who are content with going extinct" you got fuck this shit elves who raises an army and burns the human empire to the ground led by a prophetess who recieves orders from an insane god. Not something written by Tolkien that.  :)

Scipio

It is good, and hard.  Art is fantastic- the gamepaly gets old eventually.  Story is decent.  Lots of unreliable narration.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Lucidor

I couldn't get the demo to run on this 64 bit Win7 machine, going to try on a 32 bit vista.

Josquius

It had potential but it was damn hard.
It also suffered from something which is common of most such tile based strategy games- movign all troops from the home base to the action zone is a major bitch.
██████
██████
██████