News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Froggies, to me!

Started by Barrister, December 18, 2009, 01:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

I rarely use a recipe as I am cooking; I will look at cookbooks and on-line recipes to get an idea of what I want to do and make sure I don't screw up ingredient ratios to badly then I wing it, and make up my own thing.  I have never cooked a big important dinner though; my kids know there is mac and cheese or frozen burritos if I get too adventurous and screw dinner up, so there isn't much pressure there.

dps

Quote from: sbr on December 18, 2009, 02:57:28 PM
I rarely use a recipe as I am cooking; I will look at cookbooks and on-line recipes to get an idea of what I want to do and make sure I don't screw up ingredient ratios to badly then I wing it, and make up my own thing.  I have never cooked a big important dinner though; my kids know there is mac and cheese or frozen burritos if I get too adventurous and screw dinner up, so there isn't much pressure there.

Pretty much the same here, except I don't have to worry about any kiddies not liking what I cook.  Well, actually, we are planning to have our niece and nephew over for a meal in the not-too-distant future, but it's be something like cheeseburgers or spaghetti anyway.

Barrister

Quote from: sbr on December 18, 2009, 02:57:28 PM

Once I've made something once or twice I always start playing around with the ingredients.  This actually drives my wife nuts, since if she likes something she sees no reason why you should mess with it.

That being said if I'm making something I've never made before (like this) I'll darn well stick with a recipe.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

This thread is making me jones just a tiny bit for a Jamaican meat pie.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2009, 05:31:52 PM
This thread is making me jones just a tiny bit for a Jamaican meat pie.

Is that some sort of sexual metaphor?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on December 18, 2009, 05:44:23 PM
I'm boycotting your posts until you start being nicer to Timmy.  Unless the post is really interesting.  Or really funny.

Caliga

Quote from: Jacob on December 18, 2009, 05:44:23 PM
No, Cookie, it isn't.  It's basically exactly like what they're describing/linking, except it has ground beef instead of ground pork... and for some reason the pastry is orange (I dunno if it's just food coloring or some spice folded into the dough like turmeric or something).  In any event, Jamaican meat pies (also called "Jamaican beef patties") are excellent. :mmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points