Sports: England wins at Cricket, against Australia. WTF?

Started by Viking, July 20, 2009, 07:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Richard Hakluyt

England stand a good chance in this series. Australia should have won the 1st Test, but England clinged on to a draw. There is no way we could have done that if the likes of Shane Warne were still in the Aussie team.

Viking

In other sports news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8158547.stm

QuoteAfter that he turned to a section of fans who had been particularly vociferous and shrugged his shoulders, while he applauded those fans who had been supportive when he was withdrawn in the 75th minute.

I'm starting to respect Beckham a bit now.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

England winning at one of the sports it invented?  :huh:  WTF?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 20, 2009, 07:44:59 AM
England stand a good chance in this series. Australia should have won the 1st Test, but England clinged on to a draw. There is no way we could have done that if the likes of Shane Warne were still in the Aussie team.
Alas it won't meet the punning glory of, I think India and England, when the commentator announced Graeme Onions out with the line 'that's shallot' :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

The best one ever was "the batsman's Holding the bowler's Willey"  :lol:

Josquius

Its quite weird that this isn't too big a deal.
I recall England beating Australia a few years back and it was all over the place....
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

There are two reasons for that :

1. There are still three matches to go.

2. The English cricket board sold the television rights to Sky television, so only highlights are shown on terrestrial TV. Apparently the biggest cricket audience Sky has managed was only 1.5m, in contrast the audience for the 2005 Ashes (shown on terrestrial TV) was as high as 8m. Big mistake by the ECB, mortgaging the future of the game for easy money, typical of our times of course.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/5761035/The-Ashes-England-win-could-put-Test-cricket-back-among-TV-crown-jewels.html

IMO the summer test series held in England should be free-to-air.