And we're back!

Main Menu

Your first electronic game?

Started by Syt, September 23, 2016, 04:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2016, 07:54:24 PM
I still have my--

JFC, I had one of those too, a synsonic.  :)

Lent it to someone, never got it back.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Legbiter

Some kind of mid 80's EGA Atari like a few of you.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

viper37

Quote from: Syt on September 23, 2016, 04:12:11 AM
Through internet magic I found the first "console" I ever played on. Basically, a souped up pong with a few extra gameplay settings, must've been around 1980.

I recall my middle sister in the early 80s had a console that had a keyboard incorporated in it. It may have been an Odyssey, or maybe a Crativision, or something similar; the memory is hazy.
The first I played: Pong.
The first I owned: a Commodore version of Pac-Man.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Grinning_Colossus

ITT: Pictures of keyboards, surge protectors, telephones, hot plates.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Josephus

Anyone remember digital derby?  I had that.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

My sister would sometimes borrow an Amstrad (Schneider CPC in Germany) with monochrome monitor from a friend over weekends:

Then she, I, and her husband would spend the weekend playing Hanse, the granddaddy of the Patrician games.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Drakken

When I was a young toddler, would be playing it all day at my granddad's house. :blush:  :wub: