News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EURO 2024

Started by Duque de Bragança, May 16, 2024, 05:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I feel that way about concert tickets too. I have scrapbooks full of old tickets, but now it's all phone tickets.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Gups

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 29, 2024, 07:16:33 AMTickets for the games arrived!  :cool:
On smartphones that is, forget paper tickets. :weep:
I feel old.  :hmm:

You're lucky to get any. About 10 of us applied for various sets of group and round of 16 games - any price. Not a single success.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Gups on May 29, 2024, 08:52:49 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 29, 2024, 07:16:33 AMTickets for the games arrived!  :cool:

You're lucky to get any. About 10 of us applied for various sets of group and round of 16 games - any price. Not a single success.

Got it through the national team supporters and fans club. I guess it's easier for some countries.

I screwed up by not checking my mail readily so I lost a chance to get a somewhat cheaper ticket for Portugal-Turkey. Still had a possibility for 130 € but it's too much for me in a group phase game.

If you want tickets to show up in the knock-out phase, pray for the big teams to get the boot. Big teams in terms of fan numbers that is. Of course, that won't help for England. Not to mention more teams qualify with 24-squad Euro.
Having England and Germany (even more unlikely these days) out of the way in 2000, meant last minute tickets for a QF e.g Portugal-Turkey.

Zanza

I remember how hyped I was for the last big tournament in Germany in 2006. This time, I don't really care. Over the decades I lost interest in football somehow.

Barrister

I've probably mentioned this before, but I was in Europe in 2008 when the Euro was going on.  I even met a whole bunch of Languishites in Krakow.

Anyways, our trip was through Czechia, Poland, Hungary, then Austria (who was hosting).  One night we were in Salzburg who was hosting a game of Greece versus Russia (Greece being the defending champs).  The fans did a little parade or demonstration in the streets - the Greeks were just acting like it was party time.  The Russians - more like a military demonstration.  It was very stereotypical for both countries.

I'm not a soccer guy, but I've always been fond of the EURO ever since.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Gups

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 29, 2024, 10:26:54 AM
Quote from: Gups on May 29, 2024, 08:52:49 AM

Got it through the national team supporters and fans club. I guess it's easier for some countries.

I screwed up by not checking my mail readily so I lost a chance to get a somewhat cheaper ticket for Portugal-Turkey. Still had a possibility for 130 € but it's too much for me in a group phase game.

If you want tickets to show up in the knock-out phase, pray for the big teams to get the boot. Big teams in terms of fan numbers that is. Of course, that won't help for England. Not to mention more teams qualify with 24-squad Euro.
Having England and Germany (even more unlikely these days) out of the way in 2000, meant last minute tickets for a QF e.g Portugal-Turkey.

We weren't interested in watching England, just basing ourselves in Koln or similar and watching as many games as possible in the 4 stadiums with easy train access from there. OH well, hopefully USA/Canada/Mexico will be easier.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Gups on May 29, 2024, 11:32:25 AMWe weren't interested in watching England, just basing ourselves in Koln or similar and watching as many games as possible in the 4 stadiums with easy train access from there. OH well, hopefully USA/Canada/Mexico will be easier.

Easier, since it will be much more expensive but then not too many countries can organise a World Cup on their own these days, not to mention political considerations.

All right, I understand now.
UEFA did start by a ticket sale on a per-stadium basis. I don't find it interesting for the fans, you don't know which team you are going to watch, but it seems for work for UEFA.
And yes, North Rhine-Westphalia is indeed the best Land for watching games. It has been the case for previous tournaments as well.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josephus on May 29, 2024, 08:10:18 AMI feel that way about concert tickets too. I have scrapbooks full of old tickets, but now it's all phone tickets.

I still keep cinema tickets, for what it's worth, i.e a quick review, plus being able to keep track of what I watch, years after.

Sheilbh

I will be in Berlin during some of this - hadn't actually thought of the football so I'm just there for a very gay concert and summer holiday :lol: :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

QuoteI will be in Berlin during some of this - hadn't actually thought of the football so I'm just there for a very gay concert and summer holiday :lol: :ph34r:

Footix!  :frog:  :lol:

So the Berlin fan zone or sports bars for you I guess.  :P Tickets were pretty hard to come by, or so it seems.