News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My new concealed carry gun

Started by Siege, August 30, 2013, 02:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Viking on August 31, 2013, 09:29:25 AM
Is it just me or would having a brick to throw at somebody be more lethal, more accurate, have greater range and not require a concealed carry permit?
No, it wouldn't.  Don't you know anything about physics?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

That said, I'm glad I live in a country where people who try to carry handguns are jailed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2013, 11:16:25 AM
Quote from: Viking on August 31, 2013, 09:29:25 AM
Is it just me or would having a brick to throw at somebody be more lethal, more accurate, have greater range and not require a concealed carry permit?
No, it wouldn't.  Don't you know anything about physics?

Well, technically, he got 1 of 4 right.

Neil

I get the feeling that if you just toted a brick around with you everywhere, at some point law-enforcement would get involved.

Scipio

Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2013, 11:54:19 AM
I get the feeling that if you just toted a brick around with you everywhere, at some point law-enforcement would get involved.
Anything big enough to be carried, is big enough to be regulated.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Siege

Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2013, 02:54:10 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on August 30, 2013, 02:53:42 PM
Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2013, 02:51:43 PM
No one else is terrified at the idea that Siege has a concealed carry permit? :unsure:

Considering the heavy weaponry he had access to on the job, coupled with apparent expertise with firearms.  No.

I'm assuming that on the job he doesn't drink. :contract:

Number one about CCW is no drinking while carrying. If anything, it have cut down on my drinking. I cannot go to Olive Garden and have a tall Blue Moon anymore when I'm packing. And yes, I don't give a fuck about those "no CCW allowed" in the Great State of Tennessee. According to State laws I can CCW everywhere. As long as I abide by State Laws, like not drinking, etc.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

I await you being thrown out of Olive Garden.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 02, 2013, 06:42:25 AM
I await you being thrown out of Olive Garden.
And that's when he pulls his gun, and the next morning we hear about some asshole getting shot by the cops because he had to be an asshole in a restaurant.

Ed Anger

The unlimited breadsticks are worth it.

CountDeMoney

I believe it's illegal to drive or operate heavy machinery after consuming anything that has "Alfredo" in the name.

Ed Anger

:lol:

I eat a Bertoli dinner, I have a 2 hour nap afterwards.

Syt

Quote from: Siege on September 02, 2013, 02:19:02 AM
Number one about CCW is no drinking while carrying. If anything, it have cut down on my drinking. I cannot go to Olive Garden and have a tall Blue Moon anymore when I'm packing. And yes, I don't give a fuck about those "no CCW allowed" in the Great State of Tennessee. According to State laws I can CCW everywhere. As long as I abide by State Laws, like not drinking, etc.

Does the CCW permit also extend to private property? I.e. can a company tell you to leave your gun at the door?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 02, 2013, 09:33:50 AM
Does the CCW permit also extend to private property? I.e. can a company tell you to leave your gun at the door?

Yup.  Same goes with federal property.  A state's CCW permit does not extend to the local post office. 

Besides, they usually have their own guns.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.