Obama dares Republicans to block his coming jobs package

Started by jimmy olsen, August 17, 2011, 03:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 20, 2011, 10:01:56 PM
I also have a friend in Vietnam and I traveled through there, so if you have any questions, just ask. :)

Things may have changed a bit since '69.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

Ide are you really finishing law school already?

Anyway, if you are having trouble finding legal work, I can't imagine teaching english in asia will help.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on August 21, 2011, 11:41:40 AM

Anyway, if you are having trouble finding legal work, I can't imagine teaching english in asia will help.

I finished in May.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on August 21, 2011, 12:38:34 PM

I finished in May.

Congrats, I remember encouraging you to go to law school, hopefully you aren't mad at me now.  :blush:

Are you studying for the bar? I'm taking it that the market for recent law school grads is tough atm.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

HisMajestyBOB

With the way the job market is, especially for law, I imagine it's better than nothing.
TEFL isn't my preferred career field either, but after spending the last 6 months applying and not getting anything, I figure I might as well go back overseas for a year and hope companies start hiring after that.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on August 21, 2011, 04:50:47 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 21, 2011, 12:38:34 PM

I finished in May.

Congrats, I remember encouraging you to go to law school, hopefully you aren't mad at me now.  :blush:

Are you studying for the bar? I'm taking it that the market for recent law school grads is tough atm.

I'm not.  Although I may take the winter bar in whatever state I wind up moving to.  I have no desire to stay here in SC any longer.

Quote from: HMBobWith the way the job market is, especially for law, I imagine it's better than nothing.

I was turfed from a crap job the other day, affirmatively because of my law degree.  Well, that and possibly my obviously depressed reaction to how poorly they were willing to pay me--less than I made cleaning tables at a restaurant five years ago--but, you know, the two are related.
Kinemalogue

alfred russel

HMB, what is your degree in? Not law I trust?

Ide, good call on leaving South Carolina. And good luck.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: alfred russel on August 21, 2011, 07:40:06 PM
HMB, what is your degree in? Not law I trust?

Ide, good call on leaving South Carolina. And good luck.

Nope, not law. I wasn't crazy enough to go that far into debt for my degree.  :P
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help