ID Theft Victims Can't Sue Their Imposters

Started by jimmy olsen, June 28, 2011, 08:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on June 29, 2011, 09:43:05 AM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 28, 2011, 10:50:47 PM
Lord knows I nearly get PTSD every time I deal with a labyrinthine automated phone system where I can't get resolution because I can't speak to a real person, so I can believe it.
Press buttons quickly and at random, and the machine will generally transfer you to the backup human.

Yes, this is good advice, I've been doing it myself for years; but recently I've come across systems that seem 'unbreakable'*.  :mad:

*about 1 in 3 or 4 now.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 29, 2011, 11:12:08 PM

No shit.  That's when I realized that Expedia is for finding info, not for booking.

Cable company has the same thing, which is annoying when the cable modem give out (which is does on a regular basis). 

"Please type in your 18 digit serial number".

Fuck you!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017