News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Culture enriching shenanigans

Started by Slargos, April 29, 2009, 09:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

http://www.thelocal.se/19130/20090428/

QuoteAfter months of suffering through thrown rocks and threats directed at his squadron during numerous calls to the Rosengård neighbourhood in Malmö, local fire chief Henrik Persson said on Tuesday he is stepping down from his post.
"I'm not getting any support from our top management. They don't listen to our requests for a secure working environment," Persson told the Sydsvenskan newspaper.

Persson, who also sits in on the board of Sweden's national firefighters' union, said he will abandon his leadership role at the Jägersro fire station and instead continue work as a rank-and-file firefighter.

Three other firefighters, including another squadron leader from the Jägersro fire station, also said on Tuesday they were quitting in hopes of relocating to other stations, the Dagens Nyheter (DN) newspaper reports.

Firefighters and police officers have long been subject to thrown rocks and threats on calls to the predominantly immigrant neighbourhood, with fire fighters working to introduce measures to make their jobs safer.

But their efforts have been for naught, according to Persson, who feels that he can no longer guarantee the safety of his colleagues.

"At a recent meeting a police officer said we need to be ready to have Molotov cocktails thrown at us," he said.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://sydsvenskan.se/malmo/article429062/Ungdomsganget-styr-Herrgarden.html&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&sl=sv&tl=en

I'm not going to attempt quoting from this clusterfuck of a translation, but basically it's a pair of journalists talking to highly excitable teens and getting pelted with rocks and glass bottles.

I thoroughly enjoyed the comment from the police officer at the end though, in replying to the accusation from a local (ostensiably one who actually behaves himself) that they aren't doing anything about the "kids" stealing trailers from a gas station in plain sight of uniformed officers and that shit like this makes him want to move back to his own country.

To which the police responds, "Right. Would you mind taking those guys with you?"  :lmfao:

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Slargos on April 29, 2009, 09:48:12 AM
To which the police responds, "Right. Would you mind taking those guys with you?"  :lmfao:

Does he still have his job?

Slargos

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 29, 2009, 10:03:44 AM

Does he still have his job?

A very apt question.  :)

I haven't seen any fallout over it, but we had a massive amount of articles about a few riot cops sitting in a van calling a bunch of rioters "apa-djävlar" which liberally translated becomes "fucking monkeys" though IIRC they only got reprimands over it. Storm in a tea cup.

When even people from their own ranks (plenty of immigrant voters for the supposedly extremist-right racist party "Sverigedemokraterna" for instance) are starting to complain that Sweden has an immigrant problem, I think it's time to wake up and smell the khat.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Slargos

Quote from: derspiess on April 29, 2009, 10:42:28 AM

:huh:

Yep.  :D

There was some speculation that this is due to a change in the law that makes more crimes fall under the "rape" category.

I won't go into detail on what I think is the cause.  :P

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

Slargos