And we're back!

Main Menu

Canadian Gun Registry Shot Down

Started by jimmy olsen, November 04, 2009, 10:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 05, 2009, 03:08:04 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 05, 2009, 02:50:06 PM
Yeah seriously Jimmy, don't you live around Providence or something?  Just get a part time job with the mob captain for your ward.

Right now he might get more opportunities working with the Yakuza or the tongs.

No need for a gun there.  Sonny Chiba movies clearly demonstrate that one should never bring a gun to a sword fight.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on November 05, 2009, 12:54:51 AM
Excellent news BTW - I've never seen the long gun registry solve a single crime.
Montreal police says it did.
But in Laval, apparently it didn't work.
And in Quebec city, publicly, the cops are not speaking.  In private, they say they never use the thing because it's unreliable.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Ah, I like politics.

The bill comes from a NDP MP, and the House of Commons has a tradition to allow free votes on private bills.  So the bill passes, but the Conservatives are accused of scheming to get it approved!

Wow, Haper is da man.  He can so easily manipulate the NPD and the other parties to do as he pleases.  One hell of a politician! :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 05, 2009, 02:50:06 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2009, 06:50:29 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 05, 2009, 03:52:08 AM
My application to the Marine Corp was turned down due to childhood asthma (which had since gone away), so no.
FUN FACT:  You do not need to be in the armed forces to fire guns!  :cool:

Yeah seriously Jimmy, don't you live around Providence or something?  Just get a part time job with the mob captain for your ward.

All of RI is "around" Providence. Given the lack of wilderness there's not much hunting, so I haven't had an oppurtunity to fire a gun.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point